All reviews rooftop restaurant private beach sea view suite old town inside the city walls included in the room rate hand held shower reception staff per day main gate hotel is excellent stayed here for nights beach bar hotel beach perfect location noisy at night half way
Reviewed 23 June 2016

This hotel is located in the perfect location inside the Old Town city walls. The staff were always there to help. Really enjoyed the a la carte breakfast on the beach each morning. If there were 1 fault it would be the beds, very hard and could feel the springs. All in all though this is an exceptional Hotel and would highly recommend .

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Beautiful hotel in the old town, very friendly staff, breakfast until 13h. Private beach with sunbads and sunshades, I and my wife had the best time. I would recommend it strongly to anyone who wants to visit Budva.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MilosIvkovic321
Reviewed 11 June 2016 via mobile

Two stars for the lovely receptionists who were nothing but sweet and courteous. I arrived without my baggage and the team helped arrange retrieving this for me which i was most appreciative for. If it weren't for these staff members the place would be terrible.

The location is fabulous.
The housekeeping did a great job.

Will try not to make this a long whiny review. Stayed here 9 nights as a solo traveller. Have stayed all over the world and mix up types of places I stay so consider myself a flexible traveller.

I booked this hotel because I was on own and wanted option of services and comfort of a nice hotel. It was not cheap and I stayed a long time.

The air conditioning in my room did not work (key reason to stay in hotel) I
Asked every day about it. Never fixed and no attempt to ensure I was happy or comfortable for my long stay. Plenty of time to have moved me rooms, offered compensation, so much apologise.... Did NOTHING! Manager did not even reach out and acknowledge just left receptionists to make excuses. This is not why I pay to stay at a good hotel. They could not have cared less. It was so hot I couldn't sleep at night.

Shower leaked in bathroom constantly smelled of stagnant water.

The beach had no chairs available for half time i was there (another key reason for staying here was to go to beach!) they claim beach being cleaned because of weather but the hotel next door had theirs all out every day but unfortunately I was unable to pay to use them they are for hotel guests only! Cost me €15 perday and had to walk to next beach to actually use chairs despite fact I chose this hotel specially for its beachfront location. Again, no notice communicated to guests that this was out of action, apologies or suggested alternatives. Customer service fail.

Waiter yelled at me for not telling him I was hotel guest in first 5mins (not a big deal) and insisted on collecting €2 for a coffee that should have come with bfast. Petty, horrible aggressive attitude. I paid up and went somewhere else. So rude. Couldn't care less about the €2 but the aggressive attitude is not good enough and no decent hotel treats guests like this.

You get the idea. I didn't get the facilities or service I paid for at this hotel which is unacceptable.

Honestly I really wanted to love this place. I am ok when things happen or break or don't go to plan but it is how a business deals with issues that matters. The leadership here does not support what is expected from a hotel of this calibre.

Call me old fashioned, I prefer places that are more customer centric than this one and I believe for the price this one should do much better. If I went back I would stay somewhere else. I get very little time off, who wants to spend their valuable holiday time begging over and over someone to get things to work and be ignored. Not me, no thanks.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank sarah h
Reviewed 4 June 2016

The decor was all black gloss, chrome, white walls, purple embossed silk -- very ugly unless you like total austerity. The AC didn't work, the shower had no door so it splashed all over the bathroom, practically no electrical outlets, and everything so modern you can't figure out how it works. A real disappointment after the lovely Hotel Astoria in Kotor. Breakfast on the beach, however, was wonderful.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hvalj
Reviewed 31 May 2016

My boyfriend and I had a fabulous stay at Hotel Astoria for a quick 5 day getaway. The location was perfect, just inside the walled city, so we could walk everywhere. Our room had a gorgeous beach front view with a balcony, and the hotel has 3 wonderful restaurants. The staff at Hotel Astoria are the BEST - they are very helpful and friendly, and even surprised us with champagne and dessert in our room one night! I wouldn't want to stay in any other hotel in Budva, or all of Montenegro, and we will certainly return! :)

Room Tip: Stunning view from our beach front room. Best staff at this hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple