“12 Day 6000M Challenge”

Peruvian Andes Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Peruvian Andes Adventures: Tours, Treks, Culture, Climbs and Hiking Holidays in PeruUnique Peru Tours, Trekking, Hiking & Climbing Adventure in the Cordillera Blanca, Cordillera Huayhuash, Cusco Machu Picchu Treks & Tours with a Local Peru Family Agency Peruvian Andes Adventures is ISO 9001:2008 International Quality Standards Certified Hisao & Eli Morales and their family of Huaraz, Peru invite you to join with us for a trekking, hiking, climbing holiday in the Peruvian Andes or for Cuzco Machu Picchu treks and tours. A local Huaraz experienced UIAGM qualified family agency offering exceptional personalised service in a friendly family atmosphere.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This was my first adventure travel experience and I could not be more satisfied with Peruvian Andes Adventures. They were extremely professional in the planning and execution, very flexible in meeting our needs, and went above and beyond at every level. They handled every detail of our trip and everything was first class. I plan to use them again and I highly recomend them for your travels.

moralesguesthouse, Manager at Peruvian Andes Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor about your climbing expedition. The expedition consisted of a 5 day intensive climbing instruction with some follow up climbing to condense the skills learnt during instruction. We are pleased that you enjoyed the expedition and that you were happy with the service provided. We look forward to meeting you again in the future in Huaraz for another adventure

All reviews
"the entire experience"
"in excellent condition"
"spoke good english"

Reviewed 28 August 2018

My husband and I (both late 50’s to 60+) are avid trekkers and did the 11 day huayhuash circuit with Peruvian Andes. I have been in touch with them since 8 years and finally found time to complete this trek. To do justice I have to mention everyone involved:
Anne: coordinated the trip which was complicated and did such a great job answering all questions and reworking to our satisfaction
Eli and Hisao Morales: owners and amazing hosts. We stayed at morales guesthouse where we were really looked after. We did 3 acclimatization treks which is crucial.
Organization is superb, 5 star treatment, horse support, shower tent and fantastic staff
Willy: our guide. One of the most dedicated, talented and cheerful people we have met. Adjusted trek and speed to our capabilities. Great photography enthusiast who would call us when the sun rose or set to get our jaw dropping shots.
Antonio: lovely man, great cook. Made trek food so delicious we ate in spite of the trek being over 4000m throughout.
Jesus & Eulalia: arreros who managed our team of donkeys. Strong and silent companionship.

Dear Usha and Shrikant
Thank you for taking time to post a review of your trekking experience on Trip Advisor and particularly for mentioning the individual staff who helped to make your trip enjoyable. It is nice that you remembered your arrieros (donkey drivers) as often because they generally are quiet workers and seem to be in the background they may not be noticed. They are an integral part of our trek teams, they work extremely hard to make the campsites comfortable and caring for their animals, and we could not operate treks without them.

Reviewed 19 August 2018

When going to the high mountains you should choose an excellent team and agency as conditions may change quickly. The Peruvian Andes team was joyful, professional and harmonic. The food, the equipment and the service in general were excellent. The tents remained dry during the one day rain and snowfall (not even having condense water in sub-zero temperatures) and my shoes dried under the cooking range. So we continued without suffering and the sun came out again the next morning.
Thank you for having given us such a good time in that fantastic scenery.
A client from Switzerland

moralesguesthouse, General Manager at Peruvian Andes Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

Thank you for taking some time to write a review for Trip Advisor re your August 2018 Santa Cruz trek with our team at Peruvian Andes Adventures. We are pleased that you were happy with our “5 star” trek service and especially that you found your trek crew were joyful, professional and harmonious. We are very proud of our trek teams and we do make an effort to choose to work with people who are not only professional, but who enjoy the work that they do out in the mountains. Their happiness for the work that they do reflects in the special care that they take of clients – down to drying your shoes at night under the camp oven! We look forward to maybe meeting you again one day in Huaraz – next time hopefully without a day of rain and snowfall!

Reviewed 13 August 2018

The service provided before, after, and during the 8-day mini-Huayhuash trek exceeded expectations. Jorge, the cook, is a miracle worker. Meals and snacks were delicious, plentiful, creative and included fresh fruit and vegetables. Marco, the guide, was attentive, informative, personable, and looked after us tirelessly, as did Pedro, the assistant. The arrieros also worked hard. The donkeys were treated well. The tents were high quality and roomy. Hisao, Vanessa, and Yovana took good care of us at Morales Guesthouse and were very attentive to our questions, needs...
Anne was excellent, and exceedingly patient, with pre-trip questions and planning. An awesome experience!

moralesguesthouse, Manager at Peruvian Andes Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and we are happy that you reported an “awesome experience”. All our team at Peruvian Andes Adventures from those in the office and at the trek base, to those out in the mountains with you trekking or taking care of you at Morales Guesthouse - all do work hard and care greatly that you have the best possible experience with us. We are pleased that you noticed that the trek donkeys were well treated. We only work with reputable arrieros (donkey drivers) who we know care for their animals well, make sure they are healthy and with good weight, have plenty of food and do not carry over the maximum luggage weight and who treat any injuries or other conditions that the donkeys may pick up during the trek

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2018

I joined a trek to Quilcayhuanca Cojup as a solo traveler and had an outstanding experience! From the moment I contacted Peruvian Andes Adventures, I was provided with extensive information about the trek, traveling to Huaraz, and how to prepare. They were flexible with last-minute itinerary changes and from the moment I arrived in Huaraz, PAA helped me prepare to be successful on the trek.

During the trek, our guide did an amazing job pacing clients with very different fitness levels. Additionally, each day, we looked over the map and decided as a group on the specifics of our route. The guide kept us all in good spirits, provided excellent information about the route, plants, history of the area, etc. Everything was exactly as advertised and beyond! Our cook was amazing, the food incredible, and every detail of the camp was taken care of by each member of the PAA team. Considering I did a second trek with a highly recommended (albeit cheaper) company the week after, I can absolutely say it was worth the extra money for the confidence I had in PAA. I have already begun conversations and planning for my next trek.

Guesthouse Morales is the best place to stay with the perfect breakfast too! I stored my luggage, had laundry done, booked a half-day room for arriving friends, etc. They were flexible, helpful, and made me feel at home.

Additionally, the people they have on their team go the absolute extra mile! I booked a taxi from my bus to the airport in Lima with the PAA driver and Julio waited 2 hours for my late bus! I was grateful and impressed!

PAA facilitated an amazing time in the Cordillera Blanca! I can't wait to return!

moralesguesthouse, Manager at Peruvian Andes Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2018

Dear Carrie
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are very pleased that you were happy with the service that we provided both while you were in Huaraz and also during your trek. It is true that there are many companies in Huaraz that offer cheaper treks, but as you noted we do employ exceptional professional and dedicated staff and we feel that our prices are fair given the care and attention that all our staff take to ensure clients have a fantastic trek experience. Thank you also for mentioning Julio Cusinga who operates transfers in Lima for us. He is always very diligent and dedicated and often “goes the extra mile” – waiting a long time for delayed flights late at night or helping clients track down lost luggage