Reviews (2 091)
2 091 results
1 541
1 541
All reviews ceviche the bus the river cooking class machu picchu welcome drink beautiful hotel star hotel pisco sours the hotel staff course dinner breakfast and dinner included dinner beautiful room i highly recommend this hotel sacred valley junior suite
226 - 231 of 2 091 reviews
Reviewed 29 May 2017

I checked into the SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel on Sat, May 20th to celebrate my Birthday after a climb up "Machu Picchu". Upon my arrival, I was greeted with a small glass of cold delicious green tea and a cheese plate. This Hotel is at the foot of Machu Picchu with passing traffic of tour buses and walking tourist. The other end of the street has a variety of shopping stores, eating places, and The TRAIN STATION-PeruRail, to get you from Cusco-to-Lima My BEAUTIFUL room was front facing with a lovely patio across from running water down a stream of white rocks nestled against the beautiful mountain this country is known for. I was checked in by a "GREAT" staff and taken to a very clean and beautiful room. Within the hour, another plate of cheese, nuts, raisins and strawberry sauce was delivered to my room as a welcome. This was Great!! The room was "Extremely nice and comfortable." Both the Room and Bathroom was immaculate!! I went to dinner at 6:30 PM and ordered a delicious dinner of Ravioli in a green sauce.. It was DELICIOUS!! The Food was Excellent and the Staff and Waiters were Outstanding! Later the staff of waiters and dining room personal rendered a "Happy Birthday" song and served me with a plate of dessert with Happy Birthday written on the plate.
"It was AWESOME and very thoughtful of the hotel and staff"!! This place is Absolutely Beautiful, the staff is "GREAT and I highly Recommend The SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel not only for being close to climbing Machu Picchu but for a lovely experience of being pampered!

Room tip: My room was front facing the hotel, "Lovely and Perfect View." You will see constant tourist traffic going up to Machu Picchu
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
AsesorViajes, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at SUMAQ Machu Picchu Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Claudia,
Please accept the kind greetings of the Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel family.
It is very pleasing for us to know that our staff service, the culinary proposal and our over all services have pleased you.
Your review motivates us to continue improving and working everyday in our mission to offer the highest quality service to our guests.
We hope you can return soon. Our best regards.

Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

This was a very nice and welcoming hotel. From what I saw walking around town it appeared to be the newest and nicest in the town aguas calientes/Machu Picchu.

The food in the restaurant was very good, I didn't realize when I booked that the very reasonable rate included free happy hour cocktail, dinner and breakfast.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Implantor

Dear guest,
The Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel family thank your preference.
We are pleased to know that our services met your expectations.
All of our guests, when reaching the train station, are offered a welcome drink and an appetizer, all this with the sole purpuse of giving you the highest confort possible.
We hope you enjoyed your visit to the mountain of Machu Picchu and your soon return. Our best regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

I loved this hotel for many reasons - the food, the people, the location, however I was not expecting my room to be on the train line. If you are luck enough to have a river side room I imagine it would be perfect. The trains run all night and you will be disturbed if you're a light sleeper like me. Close to the bus to Mach Picchu and all amenities, markets etc.

Room tip: Try and get a room on the river side. Or at least away from the train line.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Karen,
Please accept the kind greetings of the Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel family.
We are glad to know you enjoyed your experience in Machu Picchu.
Our hotel rests on a privileged location to make sure you have a quick access to the mountains, as the near ruins and the train and bus stations.
We are taking in consideration your review because only that way we can continue improving and creating a cultural experience for everyone.
In hopes of your soon return, our best regards.

Reviewed 27 May 2017

We stayed here during our visit to Machu Picchu in May. The welcome we received was beyond our expectations! Staff throughout the hotel were friendly and provided excellent service. We are especially grateful to Ruth - who gave us such personal and caring attention. This is a beautiful, luxury hotel with extras such a afternoon tea (made from fresh herbs), culinary classes and a meal plan that includes a fabulous breakfast and dinner. The cerviche is simply the best! Congratulations to Manager Jackelyn for making sure guests have a true 5-star experience!

Room tip: Rooms facing the river have balconies with an outstanding view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Mr and Mrs Wiz,
We thank you for choosing Sumaq during your trip to Machu Picchu.
Without a doubt, we picked a privileged location so that you can stay at the foot of the Machu Picchu mountain and enjoy a beautiful view of the Vilcanota river.
At the same time, our culinary proposal offers you dishes made with ingredients selected after an exclusive research. We hope the results had pleased you and you can return very soon. Our best regards.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

First time in a bougie hotel like this. If you don't like the bugs coming into the room through the balcony doors that don't seal you can fumigate your room with a Raid air freshener. No thanks. Sauna and hot tub are private and must be reserved about $35/hour over the already exorbitant rate of the room. Besides these two things the staff are annoyingly attentive but not for positive things. I am constantly asked what room number I am in and was even chased when I left to catch a bus without informing them. I felt like a convict on temporary leave from prison.

Trip type: Travelled with family