“I love the reception and atmosphere”
Review of Nike Art Centre

Nike Art Centre
Ranked #1 of 45 things to do in Lagos
More attraction details
Owner description: Nike Art Centre, Lagos, is one of Nigeria's hidden treasures. Located in Lekki, Lagos, the four-story building compromises of an art gallery and textile museum featuring over 7,000 pieces and soon to have Coffee shop. The Centre has a diverse collection of art by a multitude of artists, celebrating Nigeria's talent, offering visitors an insight into all cultures of Nigeria through the medium of art. It can take up to a full day to discover all the Nike Art Centre has to offer. Fortunately, the gallery is open 7 days a week often holding art exhibitions, workshops and cultural days. If you're feeling creative you can take an art course with Nike or go on one of her week-long retreats outside of Lagos in Osun state (Osogbo), Kogi state (Ogidi) and Abuja, all of which you can visit with 'Nike Tours'. The tours offer overnight accommodation at her guesthouses, and partake in creating traditional African crafts such as adire, batik, indigo, beadwork, painting, or carving. Nike Art Centre is an impressive gallery and a must for art lovers.
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I was there with my friend and we had nice time together. Ife(tour guide) would not stop smiling and giving making us feel comfortable. It is a beautiful place, calm and neat. I should be there again.

All reviews
"must visit place"
"visiting lagos"
"last visit"

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Breath taking art works, warm reception and extremely friendly staff.....awesome and inspiring environment. A must see in Lagos.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

What is life without art??wonderful place to be.....Mama Nike the owner of the gallery is the most amazing human ever,so loving n accommodating filled with energy n happiness always smiling. I can visit the gallery over n over again without... Ife my tour guide was so patient n knowledgeable..

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

The gallery is full of beautiful paintings, photos, woodwork, furniture, jewelry, etc. I visited twice and still did not see everything! All of the work is beautiful, but my favorite artist is Joseph Eze. Check out his work and you may undertand my fascination.

The people are amazing, too; especially my new Auntie Nike! They are all friendly and knowlegable, and they do not hover as you enjoy the art. I was fortunate enough to visit while Nigeria was playing (and won) a World Cup match and Auntie Nike allowed us to join her to watch. It really felt like I was visiting her at home.

I highly recommend that you visit this gallery and I encourage you to visit the gift shop as it has many beautiful treasures. If you plan ahead of time, arts and crafts can be arranged for you and your group, too.

If you are not convinced yet, then maybe I should let you know that admission is free. The planned arts and crafts costs a nominal fee, but vieiwng the marvelous artwork only costs you a smile. Why not stop by and see what I am raving about? I know that I will go back when I visit Lagos again.