US$257
US$176
US$148
US$233
US$203
All reviewsaccor grouprooms are smallshort staycompared to other hotelspool sideenjoyed my staynigeriasecuritybusinessinternetratesmeetingenvironmentgm
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I missed my flight and got in touch with the hotel to reschedule my booking but they were adamant I wasn't getting my money back- Even if I cancelled- Whatever you pay is non refundable- I'd advise you don't prebook as unforeseen circumstance can mean that you don't turn up as planned- There are other good hotels around, if there is no room at the hotel, simple locate another one-

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
STEPHANE C, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Hello Octopux,

First allow me to apologize for any inconveniences you experienced.
We love what we do and we want for every customer to have the best possible experience.
We are looking into this issue and hope to resolve it promptly and accurately.

I would like a chance to secure more details and the opportunity to make amends. We can be reached via email at H6708-FO@accor.com

We hope you give us a second chance. Rest assured we won't disappoint.

Regards

Reviewed 30 January 2018

wow....never seen such a decline in standards in an Accor hotel before. What happened?
I have stayed here multiple times over the past few years but hadn't visited the hotel last year. I was in Lagos for business and decided to stay here, close to the airport.

Reception staff are no longer friendly and welcoming, barely seem to understand let alone appreciate a repeat customers (even if I'm Gold Accor card holder). The reception desk and lobby bar are filthy...I arrived in the evening and the place was littered with empty glasses and bottles...not very inviting.

I asked for a late night snack (as per the well advertised 24hr menu!) only to be told that nothing except a sandwich is available...really? And the sandwich that was produced was utterly shocking and disgusting. The waiter/receptionist then disappeared after which I retired to my room to sleep only to be woken up 30min later by the same waiter (even if there was a do not disturb sign!) asking me to sign for the drink and sandwich. I told him to put it on my room bill. He wanted me to sign an empty /half torn piece of paper without any price or items printed. I refused and told him I would sort it out the next morning which I did.

The whole food service has declined heavily. Breakfast is nothing to write home about, at lunch I ordered a steak with mustard sauce only to receive a horrible piece of butchered meat with cold mustard... never had such a bad 'steak' in my life! Evening dinner buffet was over spiced and mostly geared towards Nigerian cooking,

I fount the staff to be very unhelpful and poorly trained, overall standards have dropped and the management seem to be totally absent with the day to day running and happenings of the hotel... gone are the days of being welcomed and greeted by the GM in the lobby or at the bar...

Rooms are dirty, bathrooms have mold, carpets reek and linen is thorn... simply put..unacceptable for an international standard hotel, even if it is a budget hotel.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Frederic V

Hello Frederic V,

Everything that we do is designed to deliver superior customer satisfaction and it appears we have failed you.
Lack of focus, carelessness and indifference is not what we are known for. We are sorry your experience was not reflective of our reputation.

We have addressed the issue internally and have rolled out training to ensure it does not happen again.
We can be reached via email at H6708-FO@accor.com

Thank you for reaching out and letting us know about this. We remain committed to excellence and will do what it takes to fix it.

Regards,

Reviewed 16 January 2018

I was connecting from an international to a domestic flight in Lagos, Nigeria but that is not convenient so I had to overnight in the city. The closest Western-brand hotel to the airport is the Ibis Lagos Airport so a lot of passengers use this as a transit hotel. Ibis hotels are a part of Accorhotels and they are a mid to lower-priced brand. The hotels generally provide basic amenities including a decent room, fast wifi, a restaurant (with complimentary breakfast, depending on which rate you book), and sometimes a gym and/or pool. The ibis does not provide complimentary airport transportation, but can arrange for airport transfer through their taxi partners.

My company had booked the hotel but it is very easy to book the hotel through the Accorhotels website or phone app. Check-in is usually around 4pm and we arrived at the hotel around 5pm but our rooms were not ready. It took over one hour for our rooms to be ready, and that only after pleading with the receptionist to get our rooms ready faster (as I was coming off of an international flight). During the waiting period I got a good look at the lobby – as you enter into the lobby, on the right is the seating area while on the left is the ‘business center’ which are two computers next to the check-in desk. The check-in desk is connected to the bar which leads into the restaurant; complimentary breakfast is served here along with buffet lunch and dinner. There is a large seating area for the dining area which looks onto the pool and outside garden. The elevators are located in front of the check-in counters, and I took the elevators to my room when I finally received my key.

The hotel is shaped like a V with the elevators located at the point; once you get off the elevators you can either go left or right to access your room. My room was to the left. As I opened the door, I realized it was a standard ibis room – basic and compact (although it did have some room to maneuver). As you opened the door, there was a wall on the left and a little entryway that led into the room. As you go into the room, on the left was the door to the tiny bathroom. The bathroom contained a shower, a toilet and a sink but it was compact and tiny – there was not a lot of room to move (also, ibis provides minimal amenities; this hotel only provided soap, shampoo, and a towel).
The bed was in the middle of the room and on either side of the bed were small night stands. The bed itself was a decent in both size and comfort. The bed had a nice douvet and was generally comfortable; again not a great sleep but a decent sleep. In front of the bed was the TV nook which had a TV on top and ibis menu and tv guide on the bottom. Next to that was some space and then there was the open closet. Ibis has open closets which basically amount to a line of shelves connected to an open area where you can hang your clothes. It was a small space but decent enough to house your clothes. The closet was connected to the desk which ran along the wall and looked out onto the window to the city. At the end of the desk, underneath, was a sitting bench with plugs on the wall. At the end of the desk was also where the small coffee pot and tea pot was located. Overall, it was a small and compact room with a decent size bed that provided a comfortable night sleep.

The best amenity ibis provides is the free and fast wifi. Their wifi speeds are very good and they generally do not limit the number of devices that can be logged on. In addition to the wifi, other amenities included a restaurant that provided complimentary breakfast (based on which rate you booked) as well as lunch and dinner; a gym with basic equipment; a pool; and meeting rooms. My rate included complimentary breakfast so I did try that – there was a decent selection of fruit as well as hot items so it was a good and decent meal.

Overall, it was a decent stay at the Ibis Lagos Airport. The rooms were decent, if not small, but they provided a nice and comfortable sleep. The wifi was free and fast and the complimentary breakfast, if applicable, was decent. The major thing the ibis lacked was transportation to and from the airport – if it was complimentary it would’ve been better, but even paid transportation would have been useful given the amount of traffic to and from the airport. There is also a general ‘musky’ scent that comes with the AC; this is something the hotel should look into.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
STEPHANE C, General Manager at Ibis Lagos Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2018

Hello 0504Traveller,

We really appreciate that you took the time to share details about your recent visit to our location.

We can't wait for the next opportunity to serve you; and will do everything in our power to once again allow you to experience the best that we have to offer. Please feel free to contact us at H6708-FO@accor.com

Until next time,

Ibis Lagos Airport Hotel

Reviewed 15 January 2018 via mobile

On first glance this looks like all other Ibis hotels globally with similar fitout. But my overwhelming impression after staying here is this place needs to be scrubbed clean. I’ve never seen such filthy carpets. The shower was mouldy and air con needed a thorough clean. I find it difficult to believe that a company such as Accor allows a hotel under its brand to be in such poor condition. There are positives such as the food is fine, there is an outside pool and the rate was good. Service by restaurant staff was also really friendly - they could teach the front desk staff how to interact with customers (some of the reception staff were indifferent, others were just rude). The bedroom has many amenities which is good but the mattress and pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. At best this place is shabby, at worst it’s just dirty.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo

Dear Glyn,

Thank you for letting us know about this. Feedback helps us tackle issues and become a better business.

We are constantly refining the way we do business and that is only possible thanks to candid feedback like yours. Please know that we are listening.

All your concerns has been noted and would be looked into.

Thank you.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

I only stay here because it is very close to the airport.

I stayed at this hotel on two separate occasions, and both times were terrible.
Filthy carpets everywhere, tiny rooms with damp peeling walls, and both tines the bathrooms were infested with black mold.
Towels were either damp or severely stained.
Windows clearly hadn't been cleaned in the last decade.
Loose ceiling panels exposed a rusted and moldly AC system.

Do not attempt to order room service, as it took an hour and a half to deliver a sandwich.

Accor Hotels should be embarrassed to have this hotel in their portfolio.
This place is nothing more than an airport lodge for people looking for a place in between flights.

The ONLY reason I did not rate it as terrible is because of its proximity to the airports.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business

Dear nehoe,

From what we can see your experience was not reflective of our brand. We are really sorry for that.
From the moment you walk into our business it is our responsibility to give you the best possible experience and deliver what we promised.

Clearly this time around that was not the case and for that we are sincerely sorry.
We are looking into the situation and taking the necessary steps to correct it going forward.

So we can further assist you feel free to contact me via email at H6708-FO@accor.com.

Regards