All reviews pool side place to stay privacy toilet business
Reviewed 18 January 2018

I only gave 1 star because I can't give a "-5" star. Rating this hotel 1 is too good for them. I planned and organize my office end of year party and decided to use Kuramo Waters because of the location and my relationship with the owners. To my surprise, custormer service is appaling. My reasons;
- My party was for 60, I was assigned 1 waiter for setup, My team and I had to set up ourselves while I was constantly complaining to the Manager to assign more people.
- I reached out at the end of the party, asked to settle my bill and have it emailed to me the next morning. After 2 and a half week of constant harrassment to the hotel, even had to call the owner's son who is a friend of mine, I finally got my invoice.
- When I got my invoice, to my surprise I received an invoice that was 500,000 Naira more that what they gave me after my party. I reached out to Management, I was not getting a solid feedback. I had to leave office in the middle of the day to sort it out.
- When I went there, The Financial Controller was disrespectful and condescending, he could not immediately explain why my bill was inflated and the receipt was a hot mess, I had to coach the Finance person how to write a bill/invoice.
- He eventually notified me my bill was ready, I went back to the hotel only to be kept waiting again for about an hour, I called the manager who in turn reached out. The Financial Controller came out aggressively and said "HEY YOU! DID I TELL YOU YOUR BILL IS READY?"....shocking hunh...well since they were ready to play dirty, I told him to step back before things got physical.

Long story short, we were able to eventually figure out the "error" on my bill, apparently they had double taxed me, which is something that should not have happened if the hotel had hired professionals. I was originally looking to set up a corporate partnership with Protea Kuramo Waters, unfortunately, that will no longer be happening. Customer experience was appalling, to even make things worst, the "Management" as they call themselves, they're not even apologetic! or willing to compensate for the stress and terrible experience my people and I had. This is one true example of :Judging a book by the cover"

Room Tip: Don't bother, not even worth it!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Moriam D
Protea K, Front Office Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2018

This particular issue has repeatedly been brought back and measure has been taken to address it.

Reviewed 3 January 2018

Let me start off by saying that the hotel is absolutely lovely and is situated in a lovely location in Victoria Island. Its spacious and the lobby of the hotel smells divine.

That being said, the service that I received was terrible. I only gave them two stars because of the ONE staff (in the whole hotel) that was on hand and was able to attend to my guests and I.

I organized an event for a client of mine at their poolside in December, we made payment and waited for the Mariott experience lol. When we started the set up at the poolside, I had to walk into hotel numerous times to ask for someone to assist. As no one was able to help, my colleagues and I had to do the majority of the setup- starting from moving the furniture to the folding of napkins. I have never in all my years of being in the hospitality industry experienced that before.

After the event, I called and asked that the bill be sent to me for reconciliation- I only got the bill today being TWO WEEKS after the event. After I received the bill, I then realized that the hotel had grossly overcharged me and they were not able to pinpoint where the problem stemmed from. They then called their Financial Controller who was of no help what so ever- he was very rude to my colleague and I and would not allow us to get a word in. I recommend that he undergo intense customer service training because the next guest he speaks to in that manner may not be as calm as me. The hotel basically did not take the time to go through the bills and just charged me thinking I would not go through the bill. I had to sit down with the team for hours to hash it out.

To summarize, the service was poor, they overcharge, and I really do not think the management team has a proper hospitality background. It's very disappointing for a Marriot chain. I will not be recommending this hotel to anyone anytime soon.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Tee W
Protea K, Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2018

We appreciate your custom and feedback. We would get back to you in earnest.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel which was advertised by the organisers of the conference. The hotel is quiet and staff were courteous and nice. Security is fine.

If you are used to the normal Protea room then you will be disappointed by the size of the bed in their standard room. It was small! I am yet to see a smaller bed in any hotel let alone one run by Protea. That took away some of the gloss from my stay. I will recommend this hotel for someone not bothered by the size of the bed. An ideal hotel if you want peace and serenity.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank omamuzo e
Protea K, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear Omamuzo,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding this issue. We appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We will share your message appropriately within the organization.

Protea Hotel by Marriott, Kuramo Waters , Lagos

Reviewed 5 October 2017

The staff was very welcoming and kind and most helpful. I was there for my auntie's 70th Birthday and I truly felt at home. It is my new favorite place to stay on the island.

Additionally, the price was reasonable

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Protea K, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2017

Dear Damola,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Protea Hotel Lagos Kuramo Waters through the feedback.

With a mission to provide superior customer service, we take great pride in serving your needs and are delighted to hear that we have met your expectations. As as a VALUED CUSTOMER/Marriott Rewards Gold MEMBER, your feedback will be shared with the team to continue to inspire and motivate them to deliver exceptional customer service.

Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Lagos Kuramo Waters and we hope you choose to stay with us again whenever your travel needs bring you back to Lagos.

Protea Hotel by Marriott, Kuramo Waters , Lagos

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

The staff tends to ignore the requests a lot
They don't charge in dollars
Breakfast buffet options are very very small
Construction happening around, so you will feel tremors in the room every morning
The bathroom is just like the one you will have it in your house.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank codescorpion
Protea K, General Manager at Protea Hotel by Marriott Lagos Kuramo Waters, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Nishant,

Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Protea by Marriott Hotel Lagos Kuramo Waters.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for your issues. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

More over I would like to bring it to your kind notice that we are always available at the hotel , you are most welcome to convey your problems pertaining to stay and hotel any time, its unfortunate that it did not come to us so that we would have resolved your petty issues in time .

The staff tends to ignore the requests a lot-- Please be specific , what sort of request did you place ?

They don't charge in dollars- Yes We don't accept payments in dollars , we charge in local currency equivalent to dollars value for whatever service you are availing .Also we can arrange the exchange currency from out side just in case you don't have local currency.

The room will say ocean view but it is actually a common balcony of the whole set of rooms - We do have sea View rooms , but its limited in nos and subject to availability.

Breakfast buffet options are very very small --We served more than 14 items in breakfast ( Types of fruits, Juices , Breads, Eggs , Meat Items, Stew, Types of Corn flakes , Types of Salads,Rice ..and so on )

The bathroom is just like the one you will have it in your house. ---- We are having temporary construction undergoing which is outside the hotel . We could have given you the room away from that site had it been notified.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Lagos.

Regards