Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews hippo pool game drives tsavo west the entire staff game driver out of this world bush breakfast viewing deck safari experience fire pit spent nights lunch and dinner national park tented camp early morning jonathan birch
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2021 via mobile

Finch Hattons is fantastic. I think the overwhelming experience is one of being deeply and personally looked after. The team there are quick to understand each persons specific needs and likes and create a personalised experience just for you.

Tsavo itself is all about the nature. You may not see an animal around every corner, but we did see herds of elephants, journeys of girafe, dazzles of zebra (all collective nouns and other amazing nature facts provided by the incomparable Chiti and Christopher our guide and driver) and even had the phenomenal pleasure of seeing a leopard!! My first in 10-15 years. Beyond the animals though you just get to enjoy the fantastic expansive nature that Tsavo has to offer. We became keen birders having been introduced to more than 100 of the parks 400+ bird species and we also learned a huge amount about the flora and fauna and their uses in medicine, dental hygiene and even alcohol brewing.

In addition to the nature, one can not speak of Finch without talking about the food. Breakfast, lunch and dinner (each 3 to 5 course meals) are spectacular. The dining ethos is absolutely farm to table, the food is stunningly presented, delicious and has you dreaming of the next encounter. The same standards can be found in their amazing bush breakfast and sundowners where a full breakfast set up complete with omelettes and waffles (dairy free to suit my dietary restrictions) served on Finches beautiful China, or a full bar ready for any cocktail requests awaited us under the Acacia trees.

Finch can also just be a place to relax... the spa (while not used by our group) had rave reviews from the other camp guests, our team had two phenomenal yoga sessions with Harrison, took advantage of lazing by the pool and even used the small gym! Luxuries that have been difficult to come by during this pandemic. At Finch we never felt Covid concerned, the team have phenomenal protocols in place that make you feel safe and comfortable but never take away from the quality Of the experience.

I unfortunately had a minor medical emergency while at Finch and within minutes they had me on the phone to a doctor, a wheelchair to take me back to the room, and the full staff on standby should I have needed anything. The care and thoughtfulness shown by all staff is something I am truly grateful for and will not forget.

And so I would just like to say thank you to William (the manager), Felix, Julius and the rest of the food and beverage team, Alex and the camp guides, Harrison, and most of all to Chiti and Christopher for making it a stay none of us will forget. Asanteni

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, Guest Services / Front Office at Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2021

Dear Emily,

Wow! Thank you so much for your heartfelt detailed review! What a Happy New Year it is!

It was an absolute pleasure having you as our guest! From the entire Finch team, we are thrilled you had the most memorable experience and we cannot wait to have you back with us soon! It’s reviews like this that keep us going and motivated!

Warmest Finch regards,

The Finch Team

Reviewed 11 December 2020

Last week I stayed for three nights at Finch Hattons . On arrival we were made to feel very welcome and showed around the camp. The service at all points and throughout our stay was excellent and the food the best I have ever had on safari in Kenya. The game drives were superb, showing us the glorious landscape and some interested animals and birds.

Room tip: All the tents are beautifully placed
Date of stay: December 2020
Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, Guest Services / Front Office at Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2020

Dear @goodhartd,

Wow, what an excellent review! Thank you for choosing our camp and for leaving this wonderful feedback.

We are delighted you got a wholesome Finch experience. We strive to always make memorable experiences for our guests, and we are thrilled this didn’t fall short for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our camp in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 7 December 2020

The staff are very friendly and helpful plus the assistant manager William is very hospitable and patient . We didnt get to see all the big five but we did get to spot a leopard just by the camp on our way out so that was a plus . Looking forward to a second visit

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, Guest Services / Front Office at Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2020

Dear @342koki,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay with us. We’re super glad you caught our leopard on your way out, how timely!

We are also very pleased to hear the positive feedback on William; he’s a star in our Finch family.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 December 2020

There aren't enough great things I can say about this place! I was in awe of the quality of service and attention to detail. The food was extraordinary and the staff quickly became friends during our 3 night stay! The rooms was spacious and the outdoor shower simply magical. We were lucky enough to spot a Leopard (which is very rare) during one of our game drives.
I was lucky to propose to my girlfriend at their stargazing room and I think it's one of my favorite places in the world right now! All in all, a fantastic experience that I will look forward to always.

Date of stay: December 2020
Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, Guest Services / Front Office at Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2020

Dear Diallo,

Thank you so much for choosing Finch Hattons to share your special moment with us!

Our whole team is delighted every detail went according to plan and that you will forever hold the most memorable experiences here! Your excellent review reaffirms the hard work and passion our team puts in every day. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us.

Congratulations once again to you and your Fiancée!

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2020

Probably my favourite safari experience in Kenya and I've been here for a while. Extraordinary spot, wonderful staff, and Tsavo is always very special. My only request would be to have (solar-powered?) batteries in each suite to power the fans overnight.

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, Guest Services / Front Office at Finch Hattons Luxury Tented Camp, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2020

Thank you for choosing us for your stay in Tsavo. We are delighted to hear it’s your favourite safari experience as it is ours too!

Thank you for the suggestion on solar power in the suites, it is in the discussion.

We look forward to hosting you again!

Warm regards,