“Authentic and Awesome!”
Review of Calelu's

Calelu's
Ranked #8 of 68 Restaurants in West End
Price range: US$1 - US$25
Description: We are family business, dedicated to serve our clients and costumers, with the best in Caribbean, Latin, Honduran Traditional Food. Our daily specials and traditional baleadas are a most. We also ahve a shopping center with everything you need to make you stay in Roatan comfortable and complete. Come visit us, you will love our food. The best flavor to the best price in the island.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for a great place to have wonderful Honduran food, you have to stop into Calelu's. It looks like a regular street food vendor with a grocery store but you have to stop in and get seated in the upstairs dining area. We were greeted by our waiter A-Rod (not the ball player) but a very professional and well spoken young man who takes alot of pride in his work. A-Rod took the time to explain the food choices and the menu along with some history behind the creations. He seated us upstairs and was very attentive. I tried the Baleadas for the firs time and they are excellent. The food choices are extensive and I'm sure that all the dishes they offer are excellent. My girlfriend and I have about four more days to try the other items on their menu. Thank you A-Rod for the VIP treatment.

Thank Richard A. B

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stopped by on my walkabout, and had one of their baleadas with sausage and cheese. It was gooey and full of flavor. I also had one of their banana shakes that was great and refreshing as well.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I ate here three nights in a row on the advice of two different locals. I was looking for authentic Honduran fare at a reasonable price. Not only did I find both, the setting was ideal for me with the second-story seating from which I had a view of the bay, the street below, and the bar across the street. I spent a total of about five hours up there, several hours working on my laptop, and really enjoyed the experience. I had the egg-avocado baleada twice, the fish-avocado baleada, and the "typical Honduran dinner combination." Plus one day I got a banana-papaya smoothie made with milk. Every bite and sip of the above was perfect. You pay in the grocery store downstairs once you're finished. I grabbed a banana in the store for dessert to add to my bill. Each time I was shocked at how little money I paid for such good food. On my last night there I met a young man who has been on the island for almost a month and he says he only eats there. I can see why.

Reviewed 25 September 2018

We had lunch at Calelus on both our first and last day in West End, and both times the baleadas were extremely tasty - and they remembered to leave the refried beans off of mine both times, too! Their smoothies are also lovely and very refreshing in the heat.

Reviewed 7 September 2018

We had it both ways here. The food has been good and terrible. The service has been great and brutal. I guess t depends when you go as it gets super busy because they sell a lot of very cheap ( inexpensive ) food. Take a chance and see for yourself