“A very bad experience”

Ranked #16 of 86 Restaurants in Ohrid
Price range: US$2 - US$17
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Belvedere is popular restaurant situated in a very center of Ohrid, 20 meters from lake shore and 50 meters from the harbor. Is distinguished with a unique warm ambiance, detailed with antiques and instruments. You can taste both traditional and international cuisine accompanied with good Macedonian wines and live acoustic music every night in high season.
Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with my family for dinner. The place looked promising - full to the brim, with live music, and a great atmosphere. However, it soon turned into one of the worst places I had visited ever. There were a lot of waiyers, but ours - in his 60s, was slow and seemingly unsatisfied with his job. A ladybon the table next to us made a remark that they had called the bill twice and noone came. This was the first sign. We got the menus within 10 minutes, but they did not take our order for at least 1 hour. The situation was similar with the new guys who were seated at the neighbouring table. When we approached another waiter who was passing by, he just said: speak to my colleague. Anyway, we got the food in 1 more hour. It was ok, but nothing special. I overheard the waiter complaining to his colleague that he only got a 20 dinnars tip (30 cents). Overall - it's a shame such a nice place is damaged so badly by their service.

1  Thank Anton T

Reviewed 5 August 2018

Location is great and the staff is quite friendly. But we had to wait a bit to order, then they forgot to bring 2 dishes ( we were just 2 at the table!!). And the main problem is the food : what we ate was nothing special, meat is industrial, not good quality, probably cheap meat from the supermarket. The salads were not really tasty, no dressing, just some bad quality oil on the table to add yourself. It is not expensive but don't expect good and traditional food...

Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The owner of our apartment recommended it after my question: which restaurant do you visit that has not many Dutch guests. Perfect food, we had the filled squid, hummus, tarator, grilled vegetables. Friendly waiter, great live music. All was perfect! Loved it there, better than some restaurants that score higher on TripAdvisor.

Reviewed 23 July 2018

I enjoyed my time at this restaurant, I came in late in the evening and was not very hungry and the waiter was able to bring me small snacks that were very tasty. His service was excellent. Also the breakfast was good

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

Good salad, the other stuff we tried was not that much to brag about. But the atmosphere was great and the live band gave us a Macedonia experience.