Lowest prices for your stay
US$28
Orbitz.com
eDreamsUS$28
Agoda.com
CheapTickets
All reviews crystal mountain amazing experience white desert felt safe salt lake his team relaxing place fantastic job bedouin tea a lot of fun starting point desert foxes night tour desert trip hot water sleeping bags our tour guide
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 January 2021 via mobile

Very friendly and flexible management. The rooms are basic but very clean. The hotel is perfect for exploring the desert and oasis.
They organize day trips with very experienced drivers who are very well equipped, always serving lunch, dinner and lost of tea wherever you are.
We all enjoyed our vacation very much and will definitely go again.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2020

I loved the place sooo much it was very relaxing.Mr Ezz the owner was helpful and very kind.
The camp is very clean and neat.the stuff are always smiling. My daughter loved the place so much.we would like to come again. special thanks to ibrahim and mahmoud.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 May 2020

Not so long ago I had the chance to visit Egypt and I must say that THIS place was pretty much the highlight of my entire 3-week stay. It was fabulous :)
I was taken from Cairo by van to the oasis and greeted with a traditional tasty meal. Soon afterwards, I was briefed on my 3-day private jeep drive around the Black and White deserts and then escorted to a cosy room.
The next day, it all began with the hot springs, then Gebel Dist, the Black desert and an amazing panorama of the area. Later, we drove to the salt lake (spectacular) and a bedouin village. We then drove to the crystal mountain. Towards the end of the day we got to the Agabat valley in the White desert - an almost surreal place, a real jaw-dropper! We arrived basically at the best possible timing as the sun was setting and the landscape was simply... utterly breathtaking.
The next day, we headed for another part of the desert where I had the chance to see and explore many rock formations, far more than the usual "mushroom" or "chicken" ;) The same evening we met another group of tourists who were camping nearby and we all sat around the fireplace and had fun.
The last day, we drove around the desert and got back to the oasis where I was taken to a few places in and around the town. Then, we returned to the hotel where I took a shower, ate and then was taken to the bus stop as requested.

What did I sincerely enjoy? Well... pretty much everything!
-I contacted Mr. Ezz via SMS and requested some specific places to see. He was very quick to reply and discuss all the details to make my journey pleasant and as close to my initial plan as possible. He put up with all of my questions and quirks. Thumbs up!
-The food was tasty, fresh and well-cooked.
-Mr. Ezz and Mr. Muhammad, his assistant, made sure I felt comfortable, safe, warm and amused at all times. We told jokes, spoke about traditions, etc.

During the tour :
-The "bed" was fairly comfortable.
-I could choose if I wanted to sleep in a tent or in the 1-billion-star hotel (guess what I've chosen) - unbelievable scenery! especially with the full moon above me ;) I could hear some animals in the distance (and was actually hoping to see some foxes, but didn't get lucky enough... this time).
-I was told hundreds of stories about the oasis, the area, the history, the people...
-They played some traditional music/songs :)

Before/after the tour :
-The hotel was very clean and warm with amazing paintings depicting life in the desert. Yes, there was dust! BUT!!! I was IN the middle of a DESERT after all... SO... NO WONDER why it was there... :)

As a female solo traveller there, I felt amazing. The entire drive was well worth the price. I will certainly recommend this guide for a number of reasons :-security
-openness to conversation
-food
-accommodation.
Plus, I was treated like a queen - nothing to worry or bother me.

IF you consider his price for a private tour too high, let me tell you the following :
-you'll get around 3 FULL days in and around the oasis :) that's twice as much as I saw on other websites (given the fact that it takes a 10h drive between Cairo-El Bahariya),
-it will be only you (plus your friends/family),
-you'll be taken FROM and TO Cairo by minivan (unless you arrange otherwise),
-you will be toured around many places and will take the time to shoot everything you want at YOUR OWN pace - you won't be rushed AT ALL. ON THE CONTRARY! You'll be encouraged to take pictures :)

A couple of things to keep in mind before going to El-Bahariya :)
1. have warm clothes (like a thick fleece jacket) - IT IS VEEERY cold in the desert at night,
2. internet connection is bad - nearly non-existent :) IT IS A DESERT after all ;) ,
3. have a power bank for your cell,
4. bear with the dust - it's all over the place no matter how often it is cleaned.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

This hotel and the desert safari with a night sleeping under the stars was amazing! All of the staff involved with both the hotel and the safari were professional, informative and a delight. The White Desert is mesmerizing and so serene. The Black Desert reminds me of what I imagine the moon would look like. I will definitely recommend this experience to my friends and hope I can someday return as well

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2020

Amazing! The organization was perfect, staff very nice, especially my tour guide Badr: very professional, caring and knowledgeable. I felt safe, saw amazing places & had a wonderful time. Recommended!

Date of stay: February 2020