US$59
  • Room Service
TripAdvisor
All reviewslac kivuview of the lakean oasisplace to staybudget roomgorilla trekwelcoming hoststhe bed was super comfortablestayed here for one nightcheaper roomsgorgeous groundshot waterbeautiful hotelgreat restaurantcrossing the borderbusiness tripswimming pool
Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

I have stayed here at Lac Kivu alone and with teams more than 10 times over the last few years. It is peaceful, beautiful, well maintained and the food, while expensive, is fantastic.

However, I arrived this week to be told my confirmed booking did not exist. Mistakes happen and I travel enough to know and expect that. What I was not prepared for was being told it was my fault even though I produced the confirmation and then left to find my own solution in Goma.

Not service matching the establishment.

Still the best in Goma, but with some work to do.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I traveled to Goma recently with a group I've worked with for 20 years; we assist people with disabilities and victims of conflict. I don't expect to have wonderful lodgings on these trips, since we are often in poor regions with limited options. I was more than pleasantly surprised to see how beautiful and comfortable the rooms and grounds were at Lac Kivu Lodge!

The rooms were large and modern; the grounds had wonderful plantings, and the view of the lake from the restaurant and gathering areas were splendid. The food and service were also excellent!

Rooms 22,23, and 24 all have balconies that literally overlook the water; I would recommend asking for one of them.

Room Tip: Rooms 22,23,24 are all lower on the hill, closer to the lake, with balconies overlooking the water!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Beautiful property, great restaurant. Rooms can be a bit simple, and the power seems to cut off each night from about midnight until 0530, but overall if you're looking for a good, quiet place to stay where you can have all your meals on site this is a great option.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms that are in the buildings closer to the main office/restaurant.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 February 2018

Lac Kivu Lodge is a wonderful place along the lakeside. The view is amazing from every side of the structure, rooms, restaurant and bars. There is also a swimming pool. The food is delicious and served in a special atmosphere, as well the breakfast. Prices are not too low but quality is very high.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2018

This is a great place to stay in Goma. Quiet & serene with lovely gardens & terraces overlooking the lake. The cheapest rooms are simple, but perfectly fine & very reasonably priced. There's a nice little gift shop selling African crafts.
NB I found it easy to book the hotel, but then they were impossible to reach by phone or email in order to book an airport pick up, so its probably best to make other transport plans rather than relying on their help! But once I arrived, it was all fine & the staff are generally very nice & helpful.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo