Open today: 08:00 - 16:00

10 634
1 959
10 634
1 959
All reviews the bus national park beautiful place next morning boat ride avoid the crowds ticket office big waterfall natural beauty every turn early in the morning high season two days day pass long walk arrive early visiting croatia
627 - 632 of 13 403 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I visited the park 2 days. After the 1st day I would have given it 5 stars for sure, but the second day maybe only 2, and that is only for the scenery. I’ll start by saying the place is beautiful and I am so glad we got to see it. Unfortunately the crowds interfered with enjoying it. We arrived on a Friday afternoon about 4:30pm. If had rained most of the earlier part of the day so when we got there we walked right up and bought our 2 day ticket, walked right in and enjoyed the upper falls. There were only a handful of other people on the trails at that time. It was absolutely terrific. Then Saturday morning we came back around 8am. To start with, I was so glad we had already purchased our ticket because that easily saved us 45 minutes waiting in line. We headed to the lower falls. The walkways were packed elbow to elbow with people. You had to wait in line to move along the paths to get to the different areas. It was very frustrating. The lines for the boats and trams were long also. The falls were still beautiful, but it was much harder to enjoy with the crowds. My advice would be 1. Go during the week, in the late afternoon and 2. Stay at one of the guesthouses within walking distance of the entrance. This will save you the nightmare of parking.

2  Thank MDawn2
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Firstly, stay one night. You won’t need 2. We stayed in Grabovac, which was like stepping back in time. Town had little or no concept of how to cater to tourism.

We arrived at the Lakes as the doors opened at 7am. This is a very worthwhile plan as you will miss the crowds.

We took a combination of route C and K. About a 5 hour walk.

By the time we exited at noon the place was crawling with people.

Photos speak for themselves.

1  Thank Lajetidreaming
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed a night nearby the lakes so we could get of to an early start (no worries, started at 9am). We took entrance 2 and went on route H. At this time there were few other tourists so we could take pictures without being photobombed ;). When the afternoon aprouched things started getting busy near the big waterfall.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

If you're serious about seeing the park, come early! If you've read the reviews, then it's only your fault if you come at the same time as the tour groups. The park opens at 7, be there at 7, simple! This will give you a number of hours before the tour buses arrive and congest the pathways and by that time you will be far ahead of them.

If you are able, I'd recomend the K walking track. It's not difficult to walk, it's just long (6-8 hours). You will see much more of the lakes and surrounding forrest and you will avoid waiting long times for the boats.

Top tips - Stay nearby. Don't do a day trip from somewhere else. Be through the gates as they open!

1  Thank Scott F
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Our original plan was to pop by this park for 2 - 3 hours on our way to Zagreb. Based on what people told me, we ended up booking a hotel and spending the day here...and it was the best decision we did. This park is absolutely stunning to walk around and just see all the different waterfalls/nature. We did the 6 hour hike and it was an easy/enjoyable trek. I would recommend you take your own picnic basket with you versus buy any food offered in the park. Also keep in mind the park was quite pricey - around 6 Kuna per hour for parking + 150 Kuna entrance to the park. Definitely worth seeing though!

1  Thank Sereen H