US$291
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$163
US$158
Hostel Villa Zorana(Hvar)(Great Value!)
US$61
Hostelworld.com
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$77/night.

US$268
US$192
Villa Skansi(Hvar)(Great Value!)
US$118
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
Reviews (2 269)
2 269 results
All reviewspool areaswim up barsea viewbonj les bainsbig hotelgreat poolpublic beachplenty of sunbedsjunior suitehula hulasister hotelyour luggagehigh seasonsun loungersmin walknice walkbeautiful island
78 - 83 of 2 269 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We absolutely loved our stay at Amfora Grand Beach Resort. We stayed for three nights in a room right in the middle of the hotel with spectacular views of the pool, the beach and the sea. The room was clean and comfortable with a powerful shower and a very comfy bed.

Breakfast was delicious. Everything from pancakes, to cereal, to freshly cooked omelettes!

The pool area is great and the pool bar serves HUGE salads. I highly recommend the burrata and prosciutto salad (but get it to share).

The concierge service are fabulous. Ines in particular was so helpful with all our questions. A really handy service to have!

We loved our stay here and will definitely return

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2018

We traveled Croatia from Dubrovnik, all the way to Zagreb, enjoying what the country had to offer. We took a car ferry to Hvar, and stayed at Amfora in preparation of our trip to the Blue Cave, the Green Cave, and surrounding sites. We were greeted warmly by the front desk, and given our keys. Our room was for four people, one king bed and a sofa bed which was a full size. The room wasn't huge, but it wasn't tiny either - it suited us perfectly. The breakfast buffet was AMAZING! Excellent food choices, and all extremely delicious. I wanted a room with a view and asked the front desk if we could change. While we were gone on our caving trip, the staff moved us to a room with a view and did not charge us any extra "for the view." The room was a bit smaller, but we still enjoyed it. We could not get enough of the beautiful view God was showing us. The pool was enormous and fun! The beach was exactly as all the beaches in Croatia - pebbles, rocks, sand, and blue waters. We did not eat any other meals at the hotel, so I cannot comment on any other food selections. Will definitely have to try to make it back!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

We were in Hvar for a wedding at Bonj les Bains, just in front of Amfora. We decided to splash out to stay there as it’s really expensive so I was looking forward to being treated to luxury accommodation for a week given how much we paid, even though we got the cheapest room possible. Unfortunately it didn’t feel any different to staying at a large boring nondescript hotel, but with a lovely big pool. Small rooms, nothing special and a broken closet door. Also, as we couldn’t afford a sea view, I was disappointed when we got to the room as I’d forgotten we hadn’t booked one - totally my bad. I would say worth splashing out for one but not at 1.5x the cost of the room! I’ve learned to not get the cheapest room at an expensive hotel as you’ll get the worst one!! Sounds obvious now, but there you go.

The biggest disappointment for us was not having a beach at a beach hotel. There is a public one a short walk down from the hotel (see pic of the walkway) but you have to pay (again) for sun beds! That is not what I’d call a ‘Beach Resort’. I don’t mind at all that the beach isn’t private, but I think it’s ridiculous that guests don’t get a free sunbed on the beach right in front. My advice would be to strike a deal with the guys who run that beach and include it in your room prices!

Other than that - breakfast was great and we made sure to enjoy the view then! Also no one had any issues with us making ourselves sandwiches for lunch from the extensive buffet, which was really nice of them. No issues with staff but nothing stand out either. Pool was excellent. Wish you could get more than one towel per person. Great location, short walk to town and right by Bonj and Hula Hula Beach club.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

A few different things didn’t work here:
1. The food is horrible. Breakfast buffet is the best selection. Skip dinner
2. The rooms are hot hot hot. The AC will not cool the room past 22.5 degrees even though the thermometer reads 19
3. There is no on site spa. There is a public massage on a pool side bed, but other wise the facility is at a neighboring hotel 10 min away
4. The rooms are SMALL
5. The gym is tiny and not satisfactory for a resort of this size

Pool and beach areas were nice

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Myself and 5 friends stayed at the hotel for 4 nights. The food is of a high quality and relatively well priced too. We had standard twin rooms which were fine. Not the biggest but did the job. The pool is lovely and concierge advised us on some great restaurants. BUT the absolute star of the show was Rebeka. She is a waitress by the pool bar/restaurant and worked tirelessly to look after our group everyday. She even looked after my phone over night in her staff locker, got me medicine for my stomach, and really was just a superb member of staff. The management of this hotel should recognise her work ethic and we thought she was great. Thank you Rebeka!!!!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends