“Great Dalmatian meal”

Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: No reservations.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and three adult daughters had dinner here, based on a recommendation from Rick Steves' Croatia guide book. We were not disappointed. Very traditional food, reasonable prices, great ambiance, and very friendly staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

What a stunning little restaurant. It was busy when we arrived but we were asked to sit on the steps outside and given wine to pass the time. After a 20 minute wait, we were shown to our table and enjoyed delicious home-cooked food and local wine. I had a beautiful goat stew and my girlfriend (a vegan) had a pepper so stuffed full of delicious vegetables and sweet figs that she only just about finished it. All in all, a wonderful experience and one I would suggest anybody stopping over in Hvar tries for themselves.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I came here last night right at opening time of 6pm (they don’t take reservations) and the restaurant quickly filled by 6:30. It is easy to find on the way on the right hand side of the walk up to the fort that overlooks the town. I was full from lunch so had the vegetarian option of stuffed pepper - it was so good! It had a beetroot sauce underneath and the pepper was filled of almonds, figs and other good things! It was perfect along with my red wine. I would totally recommend this place for both the food and service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Very pleasent place ,nice atmosphere,domestic food,... Service was very nice,had proschiutto and cheese,than gniochi with tuna fish and shrimos,very delicious,domesric vine also very nice.
No beer!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This restaurant is off the stairs that lead down from the fortress to the main square in Hvar. So, it ioes not have a "tourist trap" vibe, but one of a small family run restaurant.

Our waiter spoke excellent English, had lived in the US for a year, and was very helpful. We concentrated on Salads, and both were excellent. The Octopus salad was very well prepared, as was the Greek style salad. House white wine as very refreshing. Pricing ? Lunch ended up 340 Kuna, or about $54 US.