“High ambitions, but...”

Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience carefully sourced highest quality ingredients cooked to perfection. Enjoy immaculately presented seasonal cocktails. Taste some of the best Croatian wines. Enjoy life!
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I had the honur of hosting a company of 8 people. The food was good. We had the ox cheek, beef tenderloin and the monkfish. As a red wine for the meat we chose the Degarra Vinarija Zadar. A excelent choice.
Unfortunatilly one of the server dropped a bottle of beer on the back of one of my friends. He went all wet. These things happens. No one to blame. But the way we was treated was that we were given a new beer for free (!??) and no other compensation or apology. Well if thats management policy, it is so far away from good service and how a fine dining restaurant would have handled the situation.

It wasnt the servers fault. Its all about management, bad management

1  Thank Oscar S
Bugenvila, Manager at Restaurant Bugenvila, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

I sincerely apologise for the incident. Your server naively believed that since he apologised profusely there was no reason to call me to the table.

One more time I apologise for the unpleasant incident and if you could provide your guest’s address in a private message we would like to send them a bottle of the wine that you enjoyed during your dinner with a formal apology.

With kind regards

Monika Korousic

Write a ReviewReviews (1 676)

17 - 21 of 1 677 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me, my husband and our children were in this restaurant the other night, they have great menu, great coctails, childrens menu. Food was prepared perfectly and our waiter Bruno was just fantastic. This place is 10/10.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed an amzing lunch. If you wany to try something special, this is the roght place.
The staff is well trained, and even i was late gor lunch they waited for my order before closing.

Also try the wines. You will enjoy much more the view!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Just returned from a great week in Cavtat and we ate here twice - once in the evening and once for a late lunch. We had the set tasting menus for both along with the wine pairings. Every course was a treat for the taste buds - I need the strawberry gazpacho recipe! The service was informative but not overbearing. Yes it's more expensive than other restaurants but it was a really memorable experience and we look forward to a return visit next time we go to Cavtat.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed for 3 days and this restaurant was recommended by a friend.

It was expensive but worth the treat. All the food was beautifully prepared, and served by great staff. Fantastic setting and really enjoyable. Their 3 types of chocolate for dessert was great and so where the cocktails