Haus am Meer(Cavtat)
  • Free Internet
Travelocity
Reviews (1 327)
1 327 results
All reviewsrooftop poolsea viewlovely hotelhalf boardthree starevening mealsea fronttiha bayplenty of choicebathing platformfew minutes walkthe busfourth floorshower cubicleold townbars and restaurantsstar hotel
55 - 60 of 1 327 reviews
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This is a 3* hotel and on that basis it is fine.

Good
Roof top pool and sun terrace with small bar is nice. Great views.
Due to limited size it can get full and unfortunately the hotel allows guests to put towels out at 7am to reserve sunbeds (now banned in many hotels).
Note - In my opinion not suitable for young children as it is railings around a top part of hotel with gaps around infinity pool.

There is a nice sunbathing area at front of hotel by the sea with roped off area for swimming.

All staff work hard, very helpful and are patient with some guests.

Central location with flat access to town hence very popular with elderly.

Neutral
Rooms clean and adequate for 3* rating. Aircon worked.
However paid for seaview room which was only partially visible due to large tree.

Bad
Breakfast mostly continental style. Would benefit from a pancake or waffle station.
Hygiene was good and again staff worked hard but they struggled to cope with breakfast volume.
Evening food was bland, cheap and very limited - real letdown.
No free table water.
Can't understand previous reviews in this area.
There are many good / reasonable priced restaurants nearby so eat out of the hotel often.

In summary it is a good clean 3* hotel in a central location in lovely Cavtat. Most other hotels are either some distance from town or up steep hills.
Great English speaking staff.
I would recommend on room only basis as food was poor.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank scott123fish
Ivo Š, General Manager at Hotel Cavtat, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2018

Dear Mr Scott,

Thank you for taking your time to send us such a detailed feedback. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our staff, location of the hotel, pool area and your room. However, we are sorry to hear that food was not up to your taste. Like you said, our hotel has the standards of a three star hotel and also the prices are concerning to them.

Thank you for being our guest.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

View amazing, staff great, food good. Only fault is the number of sunbeds and the state of them. As always people were queuing at 7am to get one!!!! When are these European hotels going to stick to their no reserving of sunbeds???
You must pay extra for the sea view room. It truly is worth it.
The hotel is spotlessly clean and room really great.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alison W

Dear Mrs Alison,

Many thanks for posting your review about our Hotel Cavtat. We are very happy to hear that you found our hotel to be great. It is our pleasure to hear that you were well pleased with your sea view room, service and food. Also, thank you for pointing out problems with sunbeds so we can improve them. We hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you again.

Best regards from Cavtat,

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Good friendly hotel , no problems with staff or room.We asked for a change of room and it was arranged immediately with no fuss.Cavtat is a lovely safe place to visit even at night.The bars are good value and the walk up the hill to the cemetary is a must.
If you walk along past the Croatia Hotel out along the headland stop and don't go past the point.It is a dangerous walk.

Stayed: July 2017

Dear Mr Tom,

We would like to thank you for your feedback. We are glad to hear that you were pleased with our hotel, staff and your room. We are happy that you enjoyed your vacation in Cavtat. We hope you will visit us again in our Hotel Cavtat.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Having just returned from 7 nights in this hotel I thought I would write a review, which I do not normally.
Firstly the room was clean but small and we had a lovely view from our balcony. We were opposite the restaurant and thought it would be noisy at night, but it was well soundproofed but if you chose to sit on the balcony there was no privacy with people strolling by all times of the day and night.
In so many reviews it is stated the staff are great....if you are older they are as they are clearly identifying the tippers at mealtimes, sorry but I thought they were rude. The food was ok, not great and be prepared to have the same food after 3 nights and very little choice.
I misplaced my key card for our room and went to the reception and informed them, he asked for my room number and gave me another key without even asking for my name, thought that was poor as I could have got into any room (which I wouldn't) if I knew how lapse the checks were.
We have been to Croatia before and stayed in Rovinj and had a fantastic holiday and the staff in Rovinj were brilliant, unfortunately Hotel Cavtat and the staff do not live up to that standard and we certainly will not be returning.
Cavtat is a lovely place if you are after a peaceful relaxing holiday.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Putters1974

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened to hear that you were not pleased with your stay. We are not sure how it is possible you had the same food since we have a wide selection of food both for breakfast and dinner. Regarding your misplaced key card, since we are a small hotel our staff from the reception desk manages to remember our guests so there should not be fear that something can happen. Once again, we feel sorry to hear that we haven't managed to meet your expectations.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 June 2018

My stay at this hotel definitely exceeded my expectations - i booked a superior double room with seaview and balcony for 1 night stay for 1 person. I dropped my bags off early with no glitch, and check in at 2pm was straightforward with no issues. The room itself was just beautiful, well decorated and clean, with a beautiful view from the 6th floor out to the bay. The rooftop pool was also clean and provided a great view, with many loungers available for use. I had the privilege during this visit to visit the onsite spa, which gave a really great massage for an affordable price tag. Breakfast the next morning was decent (included in the bed and breakfast option), buffet style with fresh eggs made to order. Check out was at 12pm. Overall, I would recommend staying at the Hotel Cavtat - very close to the town centre and beaches, great value and great stay!

Stayed: June 2018
4  Thank Vivien L

Dear Mrs Vivien,

Many thanks for choosing our Hotel Cavtat for your stay and for sharing your impressions with us. It is such a pleasure to hear that you found our rooms to be beautiful, clean and well decorated with an amazing view. We are happy indeed that you liked our pool area, spa and breakfast. Thank you for your recommendations!

Best regards from Cavtat,