“Great location... good food”
Review of Restaurant Santo

Restaurant Santo
Ranked #16 of 44 Restaurants in Bol
Cuisines: Croatian
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Offers breakfast, lunch, dinner
Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

This was our first meal in Bol and we really enjoyed it. Delicious seafood and great local wine. The lady serving us was a little "short" at first but I guess she was tired ... she later warmed and we thoroughly enjoyed our meal..

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 31 August 2018

OK, so visited this restaurant twice, only because on the second evening everything else close by was full. Luckily I already knew by then not to order any dish with sauce, as the dish should rather be called “sauce with fish” or “sauce with meat”, because of the amount of sauce on the plate (see pics). The service was average and the food, except for the sauce was OK.

I have found it quite hard to rate the restaurants when it comes to the food in Croatia, as I am not a huge fan of it sorry to say, since it’s in my opinion lacking of seasoning and presentation. Of course this is my personal opinion, which may differ from what other people think. I therefor have decided not to compare the restaurants I visited in Croatia with other countries, rather comparing them only to each other, hence the 3 points to this one.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank sokriw
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The location of the place is brilliant- beautiful view of the harbour but at the same time you are not on the main road. The service was poor. They had far too many customers for the number of staff working. The starter arrived quick but for the main we had to wait nearly an hour. By then kids were very hungry as we only got food around 9:30 at night. My suggestion to book an earlier slot to allow the wait if you decide to go there.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

The sea food was just delicious and the scenery terrific!! Very nice place to eat and kind welcoming

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We ordered a fish plate and it was plenty for 2 adults and one child. View was amazing if you get a table in the terrace on water. However service was just so so, overall the waiter was fine just kind of cold and lack friendliness. Its seems to be common in Bol maybe its a small city and tourism is still developing. Anyways it didnt bother us much still will recommend it.