“We found our home in a church for ALL”

First United Methodist Church
Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

When my girlfriend and I started dating, one thing that we connected on was how we both wanted to find a church where we could be together as a lesbian couple and be accepted by everyone at our church. We made a list of a fee churches who claimed to be accepting, and the first on our list was First Church! We went to our first service and never went anywhere else. They are the most open and accepting congregation I've ever experienced. We dove right in and love it! If you are looking for a great church that is accepting and truly loving of everyone, please try First Church!

Reviewed 4 February 2016

What a wonderful church. Pastors Keith and Stephanie are smart, empathic and great speakers. This church welcomes and embraces all people....certainly not the norm in B'ham. Give it a try!

Reviewed 8 November 2015 via mobile

Beautiful church. Everyone welcomed US. Enjoyed the service, touched my heart to see 2 mommies having there baby boy Baptized today.
Nice to see a open and affirming church in action. Blessings to this family. Sermon was very thought provoking we had great discussion on the way home.

Reviewed 15 September 2015

Very pretty building. We didn't go in as it was just too hot out to do any walking around. Since I am a Methodist it was nice to see.

Reviewed 8 September 2015

My grandsons parents were married here 23 years ago
The interior of the church is gorgeous with stained glass windows
The fountain in front is historic

1  Thank anda15