“Customized Drinks Ordered by Adjectives ”
Review of The Collins Bar

The Collins Bar
Ranked #1 of 52 Nightlife in Birmingham
Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

My daughter (grad from University of Alabama) heard I had a business trip to Birmingham and insisted I visit this unique, creative bar. It was everything she says and more!
Don't order something you already know. Be adventurous and order via adjectives. The bartenders are mixology experts. Describe the drink you'd like: spicy or savory or sweet. Herbal or floral. Citrusy or with bitters. And of course pick you base--vodka, gin, champagne or whatever. I chose vodka to make sure the other flavors ruled. My adjectives were: savory and herbal with bitters. I loved my cucumber with celery bitters. Refreshing. Not sweet. Can't wait to return and order with an entirely different set of adjectives.
Oh--by the way--if you don't like what they bring, after a sip you can give it back--they "will drink it" and make you a different combination.
Cheers!

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

What would you like to drink? They have it and the know their liquor. A must when your looking for cool atmosphere and a few really well made cocktails.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

Not every bar serves good drinks, and even fewer have good service. The Collins bar manages to do both well. This is a bar to go to socialize and not listen to blaring music that prohibits conversation. This is a bar where if you liked the excellent Manhattan The bartender prepared, take his advice on the next drink and try something new. You won’t be disappointed!

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Went to Collins before dinner, and the place is very small and very limited seating. We did get a table and the service was average. The drinks were good, but not outstanding. It is a good place to kill some time but not to go specifically to spend an evening.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I spent 3 years traveling to Birmingham as I worked at a company that is based in Hoover, and this is by far my favorite spot to get drinks. Admittedly, I'm a Northerner (I believe one could smell the North on me when I was within 20 feet) and like places like Pegu Club in NY and Franklin Bar in Philadelphia, which is why this is right up my alley. The fact that the folks at The Collins Bar ask you preferences about flavor profiles (e.g. I like spirit-forward drinks) and create concoctions based upon your feedback sets it above others in terms of drink quality. When you'd like a change of pace from guzzling beer at sports bars or barbecue shacks (which are both awesome in B'ham, by the way), this is a great place.