“Great even for a non-sportsman!”

Alabama Sports Hall of Fame and Museum
Ranked #30 of 94 things to do in Birmingham
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

Had some time after a conference in nearby BJCC and took a look.

I am not into sports, and don't know any of the athletes but still enjoyed it. Very well kept museum, tidy and great displays.

Affordable entry at $5.

Must have been a slow day though, no-one else in the entire museum.

Would recommend having a look!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

This was the perfect choice for filling in a 2-hour gap in the day. The memorabilia in the exhibits is mind-blowing! I not only learned a great deal about athletics in Alabama, but I learned a lot about the individual histories of several famous sports figures (and at least one actor & 2 politicians). This wouldn't normally be my first pick, but it was interesting enough to hold my attention and visually appealing.

Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

This place has artifacts and memoribilia from all sports from football, baseball, boxing, basketball, plus other. It's not just Alabama and Auburn here. If any person played for a college or is from the state they can be inducted. They have a lot of pro sports here. It's 3 floors do you can spend a good bit of time here.

1  Thank JKBeavers
Reviewed 25 July 2017

came from Alabama. Bear Bryant started a winning football tradition in this state that his successor is still continuing. Did not know Charles Barkley or Joe Namath were from this state, as well as other historic athletes like Jessie Owens or Joe Louis!

I was surprised that this museum was open on Monday! I was given a brief introduction upon arriving, that the recent inductees are on the lst floor, the historic athletes on the 3rd, and the most recent honorees on the 2nd. This museum covers all sports and the extraordinary athletes that have called Alabama their home! Plenty of memorabilia to look at. I am NOt a sports fanantic but I am glad I came this rainy day. I know I will return to this city to eat again.

1  Thank Marta E
Reviewed 14 July 2017

Most excellent place to visit and be amazed at Alabama's hometown heroes. You will be amazed at the names you never knew were from Alabama.

1  Thank jmoakley00