“I love peanuts”
Review of Peanut Depot

Peanut Depot
Ranked #3 of 19 Shopping in Birmingham
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We stopped by because it looked quaint and inviting and I love peanuts. He had 3 varieties and all were delicious. The owner was a friendly interesting guy and was very helpful with suggestions of where to go on the bikes we rented.

1  Thank lisasue01

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We stopped about 3:45 one afternoon. I thought they were open until 5, but they closed at 4. The owner had just locked up and was walking to his truck when he saw the out of state plates park. He returned to the shop and opened up for us. What can I say, that kind of service does not exist in this country any more. He gave us a tour and told us about all for the equipment, I found it fascinating. We bought some peanuts and went along our way. It is just a small shop , but full of history. I would suggest stopping by, as it only takes a few minutes, and we all need to support small businesses.

2  Thank cmb49
Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Amazing service!! Not to mention the delicious and amazing coffee and staff,unique flavors and beautiful technique I would love to go back anytime.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Nope, no a gift shop with peanut shaped cookie jars or xmas tree ornaments. Rather, the oldest continuous business in Birmingham, a peanut roasting shop that dates back 120 years. On a street dating to 1879, and the owner, whose grandfather started the business loves telling the history of this and other places in Birmingham. Mention baseball (why wouldn't you ?) and he'll send you to Rickwood Field, oldest ballpark on the US and only a 15 minute drive! If you're lucky you'll get to sample freshly roasted peanuts as well

Reviewed 22 November 2016 via mobile

It's now the Original Peanut Place on Old Morris Ave but they still have fresh roasted peanuts.
We always stop by on our day adventures in Birmingham. It's located on a historic cobblestone street and a great area for pictures.
Grab some peanuts and spend the day walking around the area.