“super introduction to tai chi”

Yangshuo Traditional T'ai Chi School
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a traditional tai chi school, based in the beautiful area of Yangshuo. Our school is in a genuine Qing dynasty house in a small farming village at the entrance to the famous Yu-long scenic area. We offer training to all levels of students from those wishing to take there first steps into learning Tai Chi with no previous knowledge. And those looking for a chance to refine and study under true Tai chi masters in China, in a traditional old school enviroment.
Reviewed 11 September 2016

I studied at the tai chi school for 3 months. It was an unforgettable experience that changed me and my body profoundly. The training is only as intense as you want it to be. If you want to get serious the facilities are open 24/7, but if you just want to experience it in a mellow vibe, you can also do that. You are responsible for you level of investment. The training in super comprehensive and touches on soft and strong power, forms, push-hand and meditation. We even did some taichi at the top of a mountain! The school atmosphere is super layed back and Ping and Kim make everyone feel comfortable and welcome. The food is delicious and fresh from the market every day! The area can be noisy sometimes if there is construction but the building is so beautiful it really keeps the essence of traditional Chinese architecture. I remember good times around the tea table and hotpot the lovely dog! Thank you !!

2  Thank MingMei
in 3 reviews
"dishes"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 July 2016

I stayed 2 months in this lovely and very friendly taichi school. Kim and Ping are wonderful teachers, making this place comfortable and very peaceful.
The perfect place to discover or improve chen style taichi.

3  Thank Benoit P
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Kim and Ping, the co-founders of the school, are not only impressive practitioners of their art, they are also immensely gifted teachers with a seemingly limitless reserve of patience and attention to detail. Ah Wei, who has recently joined them, teaches in the same spirit. I have just spent three weeks there and it was not enough, but those who come just for a two-hour initiation will not be disappointed I think. Not the least of the teachers' skills is their seemingly effortless ability to adapt their teaching to all ages and all levels of skill (I have practiced Tai Chi for several years but still learnt an immense amount).
If you are able to stay for several days or more you will also get the chance to taste Kun's cooking!
Not only is the teaching remarkable, Ping and Kim have also succeeded in creating an atmosphere among the students of openness and exchange which is truly enriching.
Altogether this was a wonderful and unforgettable experience. I cannot thank my teachers enough.

Reviewed 31 March 2016

Kim and Ping are great masters that speak English and you can arrange any type of training with them that best suits your needs, time and capabilities from beginner to expert. I started to train at the beginning of March and I'm quite satisfied and will continue for as long as I am in Yangshuo.

See more reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2016

my partner and I had come across the school on Baidu, after a couple of frustrated attempts enrolling for Tai Chi lessons by freelancers via our hotel and realising that the cost was exorbitant because of an additional booking fee. lesson learnt: google beforehand and make direct bookings to avoid getting ripped off by middlemen.

it was my first experience with Tai Chi, and I'm glad it was with Teacher Ping at the Yangshuo Traditional T'ai Chi School. the school is a world of its own - idyllic, with my classmates and I losing track of time on numerous counts. Teacher Ping is incredibly patient and is a picture of serenity - a bonus is that he conducts classes in English.

we returned to the school every day for our last three days of a one week trip to Yangshuo, for two hour sessions at each time. by the third day of Chen style Tai Chi practice, we were aching in places we never knew muscles existed. we had also been introduced to reverse abdominal breathing, a couple of defence moves, and the beginner Chen style steps - all within the span of three days.

would definitely return for a longer period during our next stay.

3  Thank heyjamiep