Yangshuo Dongling Resort(Yangshuo County)
US$72
US$51
Xingping This Old Place Int'l Youth Hostel(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$16
US$13
  • Restaurant
Travelling With Hostel(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$35
US$28
  • Bar/Lounge
US$48
Yangshuo Mountain Retreat(Yangshuo County)
US$69
US$67
US$72
US$61
Priceline
US$55
Agoda.com
Yangshuo Moon Resort(Yangshuo County)(Great Value!)
US$21
US$15
Hotels.com
Rosewood Hotel(Yangshuo County)
US$43
US$41
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewspool tableyulong riverdutch ownerfarm styleeuropean standardseggplant dishother guestsping pongrural villagea short bike rideapple piemain citydutch coupleyu long riverguest housecooking classrooms are clean
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Our 2 nights stay here was most enjoyable. Lovely staff and a beautiful setting / location. Nice to have bikes available for hire. Nice food, especially the Dutch pancakes!
Room was comfortable but the bathroom old and needs some repair, the shower door was falling off! Room very damp and could do with a dehumidifier, the towels didn't dry and the floor of the bathroom was always wet. Apart from that, it was clean and the beds had good quality linen.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 May 2017

We booked a hotel outside of the main city of Yangshuo because we thought we would want a few days of peace and quiet during our rushed trip to China. The location of the Outside Inn was perfect for us. There is a an access trail very close to the hotel that cuts directly across a field to the Yulong River, where you can continue walking or cycling for as long as you want. There is also an excellent, newly constructed trail leading from Chaolong village to Yangshuo if you want to walk the 4-5km through the countryside instead of on the road with traffic. A taxi into town will only cost 30RMB.

The hotel lends out bicycles for free, and while they're not in the best condition, they were perfectly adequate for cycling around the river trails and quiet village roads. It had rained prior to our arrival, so some of the trails we rode were fairly muddy, but our bikes powered through the puddles admirably.

The desk staff speaks perfect English, and are friendly and helpful. The food in the restaurant is excellent, among the best we had in 2 weeks in China. They likely cater to western tastes, so you might have to ask for extra spice if you want it. Like everyone else says, the snoozing dragon eggplant dish is divine. I think I dreamt about it one night. We also really enjoyed the dried tofu skin dish, the beef and bamboo shoot stir fry, and the beer fish (it's a big dish, so be warned if you are only two people sharing it).

The only thing we didn't love was that the rooms in the main house were kind of noisy. The old farmhouse doors are charming, but very loud to open and close, and the floors above are creaky. The noise between the rooms and from the outside could be a problem for some, if you have loud neighbours. But the hotel has a quiet time policy, so hopefully most guests would be respectful in that sense. The wifi was a bit weak, but worked well enough for our needs.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

Get out of the city of Yangshuo by a short 15-20min drive and you'll be rewarded with this great inn. This isn't your chain hotel experience. This place has charm from the outdoor ping pong table or pool table to the free range chickens. he rooms are clean, with a nice shower and the staff are very friendly. Not sure what to do during your stay? check out the brochures at the front desk or ask staff - they are great at helping you set up a bike ride, cooking lesson or tai chi class.

Reviewed 30 April 2017

Wonderful place to stay in nature. But keep in mind that it is something different than luxurious hotel.

Pros:
- Location. Yangshuo village is beautiful place. Hotel is just some hundred meters away from a nice tangerine garden surrounded by incredible hills and sounds of nature. If you wake up early in the morning, you can see beautiful sunrise and the real life of local people: women washing clothes in the river and farming. And no other tourists at all!
- Food. Milkshakes, pancakes, Dutch duck - the most delicious food we have found in China - perfect for our European taste.
- Excellent wifi.
- Excellent air conditioning.
- English speaking staff.
- Nice yard with chickens walking around.

Cons:
- It was not possible to close window in our bathroom, thus it was really cold while having a shower.
- Bicycles are not in a good condition. In addition, if you are taller than 180 cm, do not consider to rent a bike there.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Yangshuo-Outside-Inn, General Manager at Yangshuo Outside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2017

Thank you for your nice review. We are very glad to read you enjoyed your stay at our Inn and the beautiful surroundings very much. We'll look at the bathroom window and fix it and I can also tell you that we bought 20 brand new bicycles that were delivered to our Inn last week. Greetings from Yangshuo!

Reviewed 29 April 2017 via mobile

I planned on coming for a few days and ended up staying for two weeks. Then a month later I came back again. I've been in Beijing for 10 years and the smog, traffic, noise, people were all slowly killing me. I was craving rivers, hills, clean air, so much so that I was about ready to walk 'Into the Wild' or build a cabin next to a large pond called Walden. Fortunately, the Outside Inn prevented me from doing anything too drastic by giving me the exact dosage of Mother Nature.

The guest house, run by Ronald, a Dutch expat of 15 years and a group of friendly local girls, has a rustic, farm style atmosphere. The restaurant, newly renovated, offers great Chinese food, the snoozing dragon, an egg plant dish, cumin beef and colored chicken were my favorites. Banana ice cream pancakes and Belgium chocolate cake were really good too.

And if you want to chill out and read with a glass of wine like I did on many occasions, the lounge is decked out with comfy sofas and fire place. You can also sit outside in the tea garden or play ping pong and pool.

I stayed in a deluxe room which has a huge bed and sitting area. On my first visit, it was low season and the rate was cheap as chips. In peak season, the rates pretty much double, but they're still decent. Especially when you consider the proximity to the Yu Long river. The rafting is a short bike ride away and moon hill is not much further.

For me, the absolute highlight of staying at the Outside Inn, is how close the hiking trails are. You walk behind the guest house and literally within 50m you're in a little forest. The trail then takes you up a karst and then suddenly you're fully immersed in the hills with no hint of civilization albeit the grave sites and their colorful decorations and offerings.

I'll be back when I need my next fix of nature. Ronald tells me he's planning on putting in a patio above the restaurant where you can sip cocktails on warm summer nights. As I write this at a Starbucks in polluted Beijing, that sure sounds good to me.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo

Hi Murray,

Thanks for your kind words. It was great hanging out with you and sharing this amazing area. I've got a great new hike up to a pretty impressive waterfall, not too far from here. Something for next time. Greetings from the whole team!