“Lovely place!”

Price range: US$2 - US$12
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: As Quanzhou's first Brew Pub & Grill, we are proud to offer all our locals and expats an authentic taste of the west. Combined with a friendly staff, and relaxed environment, we hope to make this your home away from home. So come in, and meet some of Quanzhou's finest. We are currently open 6 days a week and we offer Quanzhou's best burgers, Quanzhou's only in-house hand crafted beers, wine, and a fantastic selection of cocktails. Happy hour specials are from 6-9PM. See you when you get here!
Reviewed 29 April 2018

My father and I tried this place tonight and we loved it! The beer was very good and the company even better, we had a great time with the “regulars” of the bar and the owner Chris. Amazing people and super nice atmosphere I highly raccomend it especially if you want to feel at home a little bit:) thank you for a nice evening!
Giorgia Taraglio

1  Thank GiorgiaT280

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I found this place from the internet reviews and gave it a try. I was in town only for the night and needed a normal meal and cold beer and was staying around the corner. The Brickyard is ran by Chris the (male owner) brewer and is supported well by Chris (a lady) who does a great job looking after the guests. So we have two Chris’ who both do a great job!
I got chatting to Chris who is a very laid back dude with a genuine love of brewing tasty beers. At the time he had a strawberry beer (targeting the ladies) which I think Chris had taken a liking to. He also had brewed a Sichuan Pepper and Corriander beer which was nothing short of excellent. I gave it a nudge!
I was fortunate enough to get a view of next door where the chemistry takes place and this is where Chris spends his time creating his next concoction...it is brewery, part whacky laboratory but all commercial grade.
I had a burger which was also very good. The bacon was void of fat & gristle and the beef patty had a chargrilled taste to it. Sides were a pleasantly tasting coleslaw and some crinkle cut chips.
I was a bit late home after hitting up some conversation with some expats and passing through foreigners as well as having a laugh with the two Chris’.
I will be passing through again in 6 weeks and will no doubt revisit for a yarn to Chris who is a great host. The real reason I will be back is to see what new flavor he has brewed in his taps...if he hasn’t drank it all himself :-)
5 stars from me because this place isn’t trying to be something that it isn’t and is honest in all aspects..oh, did I mention the beers are also great!
See you soon.
Cheers
Jim

1  Thank rumbleguts
Chris S, Owner at The Brickyard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Thank you so much Jim! We had a great time with you too! Looking forward to your return.

Cheers!

Chris (The Male bar owner/brewer/beer guzzler (i.e. Quality Controller))

Reviewed 1 November 2016 via mobile

The Brickyard has been open a few years now and was a place I visited frequently whilst living in Quanzhou! It's a great place to head if you're new to the city to get to know some of the local expats and friendly locals! If you're an old head in the city then you'll know this place anyway! Good range of beers, even their signature beers that are brewed by the landlord Chris in the brewery next door, cocktails and wines. Since the introduction of Josh in the kitchen the place is a great place to grab some good food, make sure to ask if he's got any specials on. There are regular live music nights and a DJ night on the weekend but the best time to visit is on a major Western holiday as they hold great theme nights, especially Halloween!!! Make sure to try this place out!

2  Thank Jonathan D
Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

Food is delicious, craft beer all good, I can't believe I could find tasty hand craft only $40 RMB for 400ml, no need to mention friendly staffs and music.

What else you need...

1  Thank leeyuanyuan
Reviewed 7 October 2016

Went to this pub last weekend and I cannot tell you how much fun me and my friends had. The drinks were amazing, the music and the pub owner is out of this world. So welcoming I felt as if I'd been there for years. Its as if everyone knows you. If you do not go to this pub when you are over there you are making the biggest mistake! It was the craziest and best night out I have ever had!