All reviews outdoor shower san pedro in town adobe style minute walk chilli lovely hotel superior room stray dogs fire pit reception staff are sitting area star gaze free tea and coffee small terrace hotel grounds an early start
Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed in this authentic/ethnic hotel for 2 nights and we enjoyed it thoroughly.
We had a nice clean lodge with inside and outside shower. Although there isn’t a TV, one can star gaze at night from your small terrace.
The staff are helpful and friendly.
The hotel offers an included a very nice breakfast ( if you took that option).
It was an epic to get to it as at Calama airport, our car company lost our booking, so watch out for the scams at the airport!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

I had a wonderful experience at Hotel Altiplanico en San Pedro de Atacama.
The hotel is comfortable and casual, plenty of charm, well suited to the desert and its style.
My hut (bedroom) was comfortable, with a very good bathroom with great hot water, good bed, nice terrace, good amenities. Only the WiFi wasn’t good: they must improve this point; the internet works better only in the reception area or to the huts near the reception. My hut was a bit far from the reception so my connection wasn’t good.
The breakfast was an amazing with a high quality of different things, like tarts and cakes, cheeses, fruits and natural juices, and many different items very well done. I loved the amenities of tea, coffee and espresso available for free the whole day!
The hotel offers bikes to rent, a very good service to use.
The swimming pool was closed because they said it was winter, but I think they should keep it open even in the winter because during the day the temperatures still high and very dry, and, a swimming pool is need too. I think they should instal a heater on the pool.
A great point; I liked very much all the staff: Oscar, the manager, was very kind and attentive with everybody; with the guests and also, I could observed, with all his staff: he was capable to create a great and very friendly atmosphere. I really appreciate his talent of unite people in a good vibe.
The girls from the reception were very nice too: Francisca was very kind and available to help in different subjects. Cíntia has helped a lot too.
I had a great time there and I really recommend !

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Fernando C
Reviewed 24 June 2018

It seems like there are at least 100 hostels in San Pedro and a couple high-end properties but not a lot in the upper middle area. Altiplanico does a fine job at being a very nice resort in an affordable range. The rooms were fine with nice outdoor seating area although the bathrooms in the standard rooms are no great shakes - poor lighting for women trying to get ready and small showers, not good for tall men. The pool area looked very nice but being there in winter it was closed. The grounds were still very pretty though and well maintained. We found the food at the included breakfast to be very good as well as the dinners, and pretty reasonably priced. And hard to imagine in the desert of Chile, but the tiramasu was one of the best I've had! The staff was great and I wish I had gotten the name of the day desk concierge, a young man from Concepcion, truly a very genuine person and very helpful, especially when I needed some medicine for a pink eye on our last day there. If I ever get back to this area, I would stay here again although maybe in an upgraded room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy029
Reviewed 21 June 2018

All the friends adviced us to go to the Atacama Desert and pay a little bit more in a hotel to stay in San Pedro. So we've started looking for good recommendations, Altiplanico was the choice, and happly was a great choice, for sure the climate is inhospitable and the main tours that we did included trekking and biking, so we were just devastaded in the end of the days, so this hotel offered us a good location, good rooms and great attendands, specially Ignacio, that gave us a lot of tips and draw us maps to where to go by bike and we did great tours just by ourselves due to these tips of him.
I highly recommend this place to stay in the desert!

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Altiplanico hotel is set in the dusty desert lanes of San Pedro de Atacama - a 10 min walk from town but a world away. Beautiful adobe buildings spaced out around lovely desert gardens. Our room with outside shower was huge and comfortable, albeit a little cold at night. The reception staff are so friendly and helpful. You can rent bikes and ride straight out to the Devil's Throat. Nicest place we stayed at in South America!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple