See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 March 2018

Run by a most intriguing couple (he's originally from Edinburgh, she's Chilean), this relaxed boutique hotel is built in an extended, yet charmingly unspoilt, old house.
It's quiet and calm, with a lovely little inner courtyard.
She's the gardener, keeping the collection of plants and shrubs well manicured.
The outdoor tables are very nice to sit at.
The rooms are fine - if a little on the compact side.
Breakfast is cheerily served in the front breakfast room, and once you get chatting to Scottish John (in between the clouds of vape which emerge from his beard) you're made to feel properly at home.
A clean, well-run establishment. It isn't the cheapest place in town... but you probably wouldn't want to stay at the cheapest place in town, would you?

Room Tip: All rooms seem shielded from sound
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2016

Very friendly and helpful owners; spacious, quiet, clean room (in the new wing, at the back) and good location in the old town. The street at the back was being dug up so we could not access their carpark - but they sorted alternative secure parking for us and gave us a better price for the room to compensate. The hotel had a pleasant feel to it and was very good value.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 November 2015

I stayed 4 nights in this hotel. It is clean, the rooms are located in the internal part of the building and are opened to a courtyard full of trees and plants including a very high palm. The staff was always gentle and helpful (they called the airport to ask for my luggage that had been lost). The breakfast is not buffet, they serve you at the table so thew choice is quite limited. But anyway all the food was good and fresh.
The town is also nice and have beautiful beaches (the water was very cold but some surfers were there) and lots of excellent restaurants. The hotel is not close to the beaches, you will need a taxi to get to the Avenida del mar. The city centre is close and can be reached by feet in 10 minutes. There you will find many shops and an open market (La Recoba) with traditional foods, clothes and souveniers for very cheap prices.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Maxx_Germany
Reviewed 29 September 2015

The place is big and quiet, downtown but it seems like you're out of the city. The patio smells good and is so nice.
The rooms are clean and confortable, the owner is very helpful. Breakfast included, not amazing.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Igecko
Reviewed 28 March 2015

We arrived late in the afternoon and scouted around for a place to stay. I went in to see the rooms in the back garden. One smelled of floor polish, but another double room with two beds was available. The lady and I agreed on a price of 35,000 Chilean pesos. She showed me the large secure parking lot. I went out to speak to my girlfriend and we return a little while later to check in. I was greeted at the door by a very annoyed white-haired man (the owner) who immediately questioned me as to the price his wife had given me. When I told him, he became angry, said I was a liar, and slammed the door in my face. The hotel looked very nice, and the breakfast area looked great. Unfortunately, we never got to stay there.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends