“Starbucks a half block from my hotel? Yeah!”
Review of Starbucks

Starbucks
Ranked #15 of 689 Coffee & Tea in Sao Paulo
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Jardins
Reviewed 3 January 2017

I stayed at the Renaissance a half block away for two nights and went to this Starbucks four times, twice for breakfast and twice for afternoon coffee. What can I tell you that you don't already know?It's Starbucks. And yet that's exactly it -- it's Starbucks, in the middle of the main business district of Sao Paulo. Nothing beats a well-prepared, familiar cup of coffee. The only difference is that the employees speak Portuguese instead of English.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 23 August 2015

Even though this is just Starbucks, I'm posting a review for a few reasons. One is this is a big shop with large upstairs seating area. The other is that they have wonderful multigrain pão de queijo that are better than any I had elsewhere in São Paulo. Finally, at Starbucks you can actually get a large coffee (elsewhere coffee servings can be small).

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 12 August 2015

The third floor of this store is an open terrace, just like a garden where you can appreciate a variety of coffee drinks and a perfect brownie.
The only bad point is the permanent line to buy and get your drink...

Date of visit: August 2015
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I have come to this Starbucks a few times over the last few years and it should receive the award for the slowest Starbucks anywhere in the world. Every time I have been here the queue is almost out the door, this time was no different and it was not even during a busy time of day. It took 15 minutes of queuing to get my order in and then a further 20 minute wait for the drink! There is only one person making the drinks, two people taking money at the tills and two other people wiping down surfaces or heating food. The staff have no sense of urgency even though they can see how long the queue is, they continue to chat amongst themselves and dither with the slowest service possible. When I got to the drink counter to wait for my drink there were 8 people in front of me still waiting for drinks and not looking happy at all about the wait. This establishment is either badly managed or just not managed at all. Avoid this venue unless you have at least 40 minutes of your life to waste while waiting for a coffee!!

Date of visit: July 2015
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I would like to say that the staff in this particular outlet were delightful! Unlike many other shops and restaurants in Sao Paolo, they did their level best to speak English which was lovely as my Portuguese in non existent! It wasn't an inconvenience for any of them .....they genuinely wanted to help! They wrote down the password for the Wi-Fi too..(which didn't work up on the roof terrace) which I didn't ask them to do...so very well done to them! After my cup of tea I left with a smile on my face!

Date of visit: August 2014