Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
FindHotelUS$34
PricelineUS$34
Reviews (1 373)
1 373 results
All reviews grocery shopping safety deposit box convenient location lobby reception nice restaurant internet access comfortable bed payable kettle toiletries leisure renovation portuguese
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 373 reviews
Reviewed 13 March 2020

Only problem was that there were 2 of us staying in the room but only 1 cup and only 1 coffee sachet. Otherwise service and facilities excellent. Great stay, will use you again soon. Happy with everything.

Date of stay: March 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank smithstuartj
Equipe_Mercure, Quality Services at Mercure Florianopolis Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2020

Dear Smith Stuart Jr.

Many thanks for your positive review! We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience at Mercure.
Florianópolis Convention.
We will be attentive to your notes on the replacement and the quantity of items in your room, to improve this service provided

Kind regards

Mercure Florianopolis Convention Team.

Reviewed 2 November 2019

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** Just few minutes outside from the city centre, butquite convenient for the beach locations (if you have a car). Not far from the airport, but... if you leave in the morning, add 30 min extra. I was struggling to be on time.

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** It is quite busy, mainly business-orientated hotel (kind of apartment hotel). It’s great value for money, but style can be a little bit dated already. There is car park attached (payable extra) and can be valet or they allow you to park it yourself (which I normally prefer and I don’t blame anybody else for damages if any).
Just next to it there is a petrol station with a shop if you needed to do some grocery shopping.

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** Leisure

RESERVATION *** Booked through accorhotels.com website. Check-in online was available and I used it.

LENGTH OF MY STAY *** 1 night – Nov 2018

CHECK-IN *** It was quick and efficient. I have pre-checked-in online. It is cool feature, but some of the settings are not right. For example (photo attached), an early check-in they loaded in EUR and the price EUR 207,03 (it is clearly mistake and currency should have been BRL).

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** Always busy, but functional. Staff is attentive and helps right away.

ROOM *** I have booked a Superior Room with 1 Double Bed. It was located on the higher floor and I had a view of the road (not that you’d have any better views). Room was spacious, but kind of strange shape. Bedroom was separated with sliding doors, and in the “living room” there was an additional sofa (actually very comfortable and handy). I wasn’t keen for this room setup, but later found it very functional.
Between the bathroom and bedroom you have this heavy glass window.
Room was also quite dated in style. Semi-marble surface, old-style furniture and sofa which definitely had her best time far behind her. The bed in the bedroom was comfortable and I had a great night sleep. Room was clean and fresh (only sofa had some marks).
There was a coffee/tea & the cups, but... no kettle. I searched for it and did not find one anywhere. Quite annoying when you wake up and you crave for your coffee (even instant one). Safety deposit box worked fine.
There was not enough power sockets and if I remember correctly, none in the bedroom (everybody had so many devices to charge overnight that this is necessity).

BATHROOM *** Was also all right, same “style” and also requires a little bit of refreshment. Some parts were broken or missing. It was clean thou. I like the toiletries they provided, really nice quality and pleasant feel.

BREAKFAST *** I have pre-paid for it (32 BRL) and it was served from an early morning. Even if I was just 5 min after it opened, many guests were already there. Selection of warm and cold meals was good. Coffee was strong and nice. Loved the cakes and fresh fruit. It was presented quite well, but empty walls make this place freaky a little bit. Some plants would make this place livelier! Oh, I think that’s what I was missing there!

INTERNET ACCESS *** It was complimentary and connection was good.

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** Quick and I was able to hit the road to the airport within minutes. There was a little bit confusion with my pre-payment, but it as quickly resolved.

STAFF *** Reception staff was very helpful, even with my almost-non-existent Portuguese.

OVERVIEW *** Good value for money and OK location if you have a car and don’t mind driving (rush hours can be crazy).Hotel definitely require renovation soon, but it’s OK for the price. Rooms are clean, but dated.

Date of stay: December 2018
1  Thank marqoos_pl
Equipe_Mercure, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Florianopolis Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2019

Dear Mr. Marqoos,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Mercure Florianópolis Convention and we are pleased to know that you were satisfied with your overall experience.
We were honored by your description of our hotel, the most complete we've ever seen. Thank you very much for your of detail and thank you for all this time dedicated to us. No doubt your text will help other travelers who are seeking information about us.
We take advantage of the contact to inform you that a project is already being implemented to reform improvements in our apartments, aiming to monitor the modernization and practicality of the reforms already.

In anticipation of welcome you again, please accept our best compliments.

Cordially,

Mercure Florianopolis Convention Team.

Reviewed 11 October 2019 via mobile

Nice cost benefit. I stayed in the hotel for working purpose. The location was very convenient, close by my meetings. The room is clean, comfortable and quiet. The bad thing: no plugs near the bed so I had to charge my phone in another room. Breakfast was simple but good.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Henalele
Equipe_Mercure, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Florianopolis Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2019

Hello Henalele,

We appreciate your commentaries which have a great value.
Many thanks for your positive review! We are delighted to hear that you had a great experience at Mercure Florianópolis Convention. We look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back to our hotel soon!
Kind regards

Mercure Florianópolis Conventiom Team.

Reviewed 22 May 2019 via mobile

For my first time in Brazil, the Mercure in Florianopolis was a great place to call home for 10 days. The hotel is clean. The staff was very accommodating for an American who spoke very broken Portuguese. I want to especially call out the very helpful front desk receptionist Nicolas Brilhante. Nicolas went out of his way to make sure my stay was comfortable, giving me multiple suggestions on dining and exploring Floripa (and worked with me in English while bantering in Portuguese). The Mercure owners should be made aware of what a gem they have on Nicolas.

Obrigado por fazer meu tempo no brasil tão memorável.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank jontaylorcarter
Equipe_Mercure, Public Relations Manager at Mercure Florianopolis Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2019

Dear Jon Taylor Carter,

We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Florianopolis Convention. It is always a pleasure to receive positive impressions.
Your comments were shared with Nicolas and other staffs; it encourages us to continue to improve the quality of our services every time.
He stays very happy to read it
We hope your next visit is as enjoyable as the previous one.

We remain at your disposal.

Best Regards,

Mercure Florianópolis Convention Team

Reviewed 18 March 2019

The acomodation, local and cleaness were excelent. It was the first time we stayed at this hotel in Florianopolis. The weather was sunny.

Need to be improve is the reception (check in and check out), be more kinldy and efficient.

Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Equipe_Mercure, Guest Relations Manager at Mercure Florianopolis Convention, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2019

Dear Paulo,