Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$68
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/07/04
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hurb
PricelineUS$68
TravelocityUS$67
Reviews (1 505)
1 506 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 506 reviews
Reviewed 24 November 2019

Smack on the beach in Floripa, near everything you could wish for, and super easy for getting around. Welcoming staff, comfortable room with a great view of the bay, and small but surprisingly good in-house spa & pool. Not super cheap, but not wildly overpriced either.

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Kate P
uldernirmerlin, Proprietário at Novotel Florianopolis, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2019

Hello Mrs. kate

Thank you for your comments following your stay at Novotel Florianópolis.
We are pleased to receive your congratulations. We will not fail to share your comments with the entire staff. Your satisfaction is the best reward for our employees who work daily to provide you with impeccable service.

Reviewed 5 October 2019

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** Centrally located, on the waterfront (busy road in between), within a longer walk to the city centre. There are some restaurants around as well. In the morning you can enjoy locals jogging and running in the area.
There is parking in front of the hotel , but they also offer a garage (BRL 32), valet.

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** Hm... It is high-end hotel, but I think I simply did not have enough time to enjoy and appreciate it. I had an overnight stay only and didn’t really want to spend to much time inside.
It wasn’t busy, but again, I arrived very late and left quite early.
I think there is a swimming pool on top of the building, but... it was closed for renovation. This was not specified or communicated in the reservation. For 1 night stay it’s not an issue, but if I have booked a week holidays, I would probably leave after that night anyway. Quite important detail missed.

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** Leisure

RESERVATION *** Via Accor Hotels website. Booking accessible via their mobile app.

LENGTH OF MY STAY *** 1 night – Nov 2018

CHECK-IN *** It was quick and efficient, especially that I arrived late night. There was a bit of confusion with the pre-paid rate, but this was quickly sorted.

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** Nice & elegant. Staff welcomes guests with a smile (even after midnight) and it’s impossible to get lost in the lobby.

ROOM *** #1160 – Luxury Room with 1 King-size Bed and Front View of the Sea – yes, this is the full name of the room I booked. It was located on one of the top floors and only in the morning I could appreciate the sea view as during the night is simply black outside.
Room was spacious enough, but I would not call it ‘big’. Just enough space.
Elegant, trendy, clean & fresh, but was still lacking something. I’m not sure what it was (possibly balcony), but I did not really feel that it was worth the extra money.
Bed was very comfortable, maybe even too soft. Of course Air-Condition (and you can slightly open one of the side windows) and safety deposit box in the room. Not enough electric sockets in the room and I think none near beds (everybody has at least 1 device to charge overnight).

BATHROOM *** It was quite small, but spotless clean. They have provided really good quality toiletries.

BREAKFAST *** Breakfast is served in the restaurants downstairs. There was a good selection of cold and hot meals, but I really wasn’t impressed with the dry bread & bread rolls (I was there early, so this has not happened that morning). Also kind of unhappy staff didn’t help with the atmosphere. I would say this was the weakest breakfast during my 3 trips to Brazil (probably 15-20 different hotels). It was OK, but for the price which is considerably higher than hotels around, I was expecting slightly better options.

INTERNET ACCESS *** Wi-Fi access was free & connection was good.

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** Young reception staff was full of life! I love them. Check-out was quick & professional and with a bit of laughing as well. My car was brought within minutes and I was good to go.

STAFF *** Reception staff was amazing. Natural, but professional and really welcoming. Restaurant (breakfast) – sad & grumpy. Like two different places.

OVERVIEW *** Pricey option for Florianopolis, but is it worth it? Do I think was this a good value for money? No. Room wasn’t that amazing, but the view contributed a lot. Reception & security staff – amazing. Location – really good, but this all goes with quite high price (when you compare to other hotels with similar standard). Would I book it for my next trip again? No, with a regular prices. If some good sale occur, then maybe. Otherwise, I think it’s not worth.
I still give 4* as it is strong enough product, but when you compare all pros vs contras – this isn’t my perfect choice and the most memorable stay.

Room tip: Front sea view rooms offer nice (glassed unfortunately) view of the sea front
Date of stay: November 2018
2  Thank marqoos_pl
uldernirmerlin, Proprietário at Novotel Florianopolis, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2019

Reviewed 16 September 2019

I'm gonna start here talking about the bed that it was probably one of the best I've ever slept on. It was very comfortable, very nice and cozy! The room itself was also very nice, the bathroom was great and so was the shower. We had a nice view, even tho we didn't stay in a high floor.
The service was good and the location was great with many restaurants around it.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank claradma
uldernirmerlin, Proprietário at Novotel Florianopolis, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2019

Reviewed 28 August 2019

It is a very comfortable Hotel and the service was very friendly and helpful. The room was very conformable and the bathrooms was nice and clean. Very close to many venues for eating and drinking nearby.

Date of stay: October 2018
1  Thank Sergiosydney
uldernirmerlin, Proprietário at Novotel Florianopolis, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2019

Reviewed 21 June 2019

This hotel was beautiful and the staff went above and beyond to help us. They spoke English which was a huge help. It is in a great location. The room was large and very comfortable. The rooftop pool area was so nice and gave great views of the city. We would love to study here again!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kelly M
uldernirmerlin, Proprietário at Novotel Florianopolis, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2019

We thank you for your comments following your stay at the Novotel Florianopolis.

It was with pleasure that we received your congratulations. We will not fail to share your feedback with the entire team. Your satisfaction is the best reward for our employees who work every day to provide you an impeccable service.

In the hope of welcoming you again, please accept our compliments.