All reviews minute walk the river german english shopping options breakfast gloria
Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Comfortable hotel with big and cozy rooms with big beds and a clean bathroom.
Delicious breakfast with various fruits and breads.
Reception is always friendly and has good advice travellers.
The pool is clean and warm.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Cláudia H, Gerente de relações públicas at Hotel Plaza Blumenau, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2018

Hello, Adrian. We are very glad with your stay with us. We hope you will come back some other time. Best regards.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Contrary to all the other hotels we stayed in we had to pay up front. After taking the money from my credit card the reception still wanted our passport and driving license. Once they had recorded those details they asked for email, phone numbers, etc. The whole bureaucracy took about 15 minutes. Half an hour later, when we wanted to leave the hotel to explore the town another receptionist told us that his colleague had got the check in wrong and we had to go through the whole process for a second time. If you like being treated like criminals and if are fond of mega-bureaucracy: this is the place to go.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

This was my fourth stay and the Plaza's improving. My room (401) appeared to have been refreshed with new flooring, paint and furnishings. I had a very pleasant stay. Breakfast is very good. Perhaps not at the level of Cafehaus Gloria but who needs all those pastries at the start of the day?

The hotel is centrally located and is a short distance from Shopping Neumarket and the river.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Cláudia H, Gerente de relações públicas at Hotel Plaza Blumenau, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hello. We are very glad to read your review. It is very pleasant to see such good things written about our hotel. We hope to see you again soon. Best Wishes.

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I was told by the company I was visiting that the Plaza was the best hotel in town. I cannot substantiate this, as I haven’t stayed elsewhere, but the Plaza was certainly convenient being only a 5 minute walk to the old main street of Blumenau running parallel to the river, and a 15 minute walk to the shopping mall.

Built in the early 1950s the hotel has had a make-over every 25 years or so, and is currently having one, that is frankly long overdue.

By northern European or US standards this hotel is a little tired and dated, but nothing is fundamentally wrong.

Due to the history of the area, German is the most common second language after Portuguese. English was not as common as elsewhere I have travelled.

The bathroom could have been cleaner, and the shower glass looked as though it had never been whipped down, but my room was being ripped out as part of the refit once I left.

Breakfast was unusual to European tastes, and whilst in a buffet format (most Brazilian meals seem to be), I struggled some mornings to find something to eat, as quantity does not mean quality.

Restaurant was open most evenings, but other options were available in the nearby town. Also the local culture is to eat ‘big’ and lunch time, and ‘little’ in the evenings.

There was a small swimming pool, but as I stayed in the Brazilian winter it was aparantly too cold to use.

The price was okay, but I can’t compare it, it just seemed reasonable.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business

Hello! We are very glad with your review. Ou hotel is going through, right now, a make-over and our guests are having a pleasent surprise when they with us. We hope that you can come again, stay with us, and give us a new feedback.

Reviewed 10 April 2016 via mobile

The Hotel Plaza is a good place to stay in Blumenau. It's in a central location and it's easy to walkabout. Breakfast was very good. The rooms are quaint and could use some updating but the heavy wood furniture and carved crests on the doors scream Bavaria.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
Cláudia H, Gerente de relações públicas at Hotel Plaza Blumenau, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2016

Thank you for your review. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed our breakfast e used your trip to know our downtown. The wooden details on the door remains since de opening of ou hotels. You loved it and maintain it. We are very pleased with your words and hope to comeback. Andrea Santos - Gerente Geral.