See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Plus points: staff helpful and pleasant, comfy bed, clean throughout, good location, decent pricing.
Minus points: a bit dated and paintwork etc yellowing. Needs a refurb. Standard class room had a 'motel' feel to it, with polystyrene coffee cups and laminate flooring. Not the kind of place you would want to hang out longer than u have to. Breakfast was a bit iffy, with not much choice and some dishes not available on two of the days we were there. Wifi kept dropping off and forcing you to re-register.
You get what you pay for and for a short trip this is an ok budget choice. Just don't expect plush comfort (though I don't know what the higher class rooms are like)

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
renato o, Gerente geral at Holiday Inn Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn PORTO ALEGRE.

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Renato Oliveira
Operational Manager

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

I had a business meeting in Porto Alegre and stayed 4 days here. Staff was friendly and helpful, with very little fuss for checking in and out, which is great. Free, decent Wi-Fi. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. Down points: the hotel is a bit dated, with 80s decor and needs an update. Breakfast was alright but I did miss regular tea, they only had infusions and when I asked the kitchen was out, not good with foreigners. Also, for a quality hotel (taxi drivers regard it as one of the best in Porto Alegre) it lacks amenities such as gym or pool/spa. Despite that, which I only point out to help improve it in the future, I had a great stay, with calm and peaceful nights. I recommend it for short business stays.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
renato o, General Manager at Holiday Inn Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear Vanessa,

Again, thank you for choosing Holiday Inn.

Renato Oliveira
Operational Manager

Reviewed 3 May 2017

The location of this hotel is good, a bit noisy rooms, the whole hotel should be renovated. The reception stuff is very kind an professional excellent! At all I can recommend this hotel for a business staying!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel
Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 10 April 2017

This is my secondvisit in the last 10 years to this Holiday Inn. While the property, like me, has aged, it is still a most pleasant place. The standard rooms are huge by today's US standards. Great TV swivels 360 degrees for excellent viewing from bed and large lounge chair. Lots of closet space and floor space for bags. Staff is aemper smiling and obliging. The room rates cannot be beaten.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2017

Hotel is in good shape. Just time has passed by and is a little old, but still super clean, nice room size and internet work perfect thru out all the premises. The location is not that great. Is an office área without eating option near by or walking distance, but no biggy, just take a cab. The área looks safe and the hotel restaurant is pretty good. Nice staff at the front desk, and the Price is very convenient. I will use it again when visiting Porto Alegre.

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Atd-Online-Hotel, Manager at Holiday Inn Porto Alegre, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2017

Dear JibberChile!
We are glad to hear your comments!!!!
Thank you for choosing our hotel and I hope to see you very soon again!!!