5 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com
US$30
US$30
Free cancellation until 21/06/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hurb
PricelineUS$30
Trip.comUS$35
Reviews (1 061)
1 061 results
All reviews subway station great location speaking english lots of fresh fruit few blocks yogurt copacabana rio cons safety
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 061 reviews
Reviewed 17 February 2020

This is one of the best IBIS hotels I have stayed in.

It’s in a great position - just 100m from the Copacabana seafront and less from the nearest metro station.

Beds are super comfy and showers fab. If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room on the side of the hotel. The view is nothing but its super quiet as it’s away from the road. There is a safe in each room.

Staff are smiley and helpful.

Breakfast is super yummy with lots of fresh fruit, yoghurt and the usual items. If you like English tea, however, bring your own tea bags as “tea” as we know it doesn’t seem to exist in Brazil.

On the corner of the block, there is a 24hr cafe that serves great coffee.

The area seems safe at night.

The hotel also offers bike hire.

Room tip: Quieter rooms on the side
Date of stay: January 2020
Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

A Good Hotel that gives value for the money. Some in the staff where speaking English and they where all friendly and serviceminded. The walkingdistans to the Beach and the subway was maybe 5 minutes and we where very satisfied with this hotell.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2020

This was the 4th time I stayed in this property. Everytime I visit Rio it is hard for me to think about any other Hotel that offers such great location at a reasonable and affordable price.

The rooms are pretty clean, with great air conditioning system, a confortable bed, good lightening (provided by the lamps and also by the natural light that comes from the large window), a safe (which is a very good thing to store the belongings you don´t want to carry with you all the time), great shower and depending on the location of your room you might even be able to have a nice view of the architecture in Copa as well as a view of the beautiful mountains of Rio.

In regards to the service, I have to say how passionate I am with the staff. At the front desk I have to highlight Vinicius, Yasmin and Guilherme for their outstanding performance. As a professional from the customer experience industry I have to say that, considering it is an economic hotel, they are always making sure to deliver an upscale service and I have to leave a big THANK YOU to them for such deed. The housekeeping staff is also a team that deserves recognition, for always being with a great smile on their faces even though they´re dealing with extremely high temperatures in the summertime of Rio to clean the rooms. You are all amazing!!!

I have recently noticed that, thankfully, Accor has been investing in providing more food and beverage services in their Hotels (e.g. Adagio Barra Funda in SP and now I witnessed Ibis Posto 5 RJ). So now, guests at Ibis Copacabana Posto 5, may enjoy breakfast (buffett style at fix price per person with good variety of fruits, yougurt, pastry, scrambled eggs, good coffee machine, Twinings tea, etc.), Lunch (buffett style at a fix price per person from Mondays to Thursdays), Feijoada for lunch (buffett style at a fix price per person on Fridays), Saturday lunch (a la carte) and Dinner (a la cart from Mondays to Saturdays).

In my point of view I have just to bring to attention a few points that are important and caused an impact in my perception:

- I truly believe that starting breakfast at 06:30am is not early enough, specially because during the summer time this year the sun rises very early and I noticed some guests waiting for the buffett to be ready so they could go to the beach or to the tours they planned. Many tours pick the guests up at the hotels very early. And I have to say that some of the days the buffett opening time was later than 06:30am.

Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 31 December 2019

I arrived on the night of the 29th. We woke up sweating. The AC had tur ed itself off. I turned it on
At 7am we woke up sweating again. I turned it on again. At 12 it was off again. I complai ed to the front desk who told me maintenamce would look into it. The nightbof tbe 30th the AC would not cool much. In spite of the fact it was set to 18 C the room temperature continurd at a sweltering 25 tben 26. We fell asleep. At 4 am we woke up sewating. Tbe AC went off and would mot come back on. I went to the front desk and was told maintenance only arrives at 7am. The AC is back on but it does not cool. So basically, we have paid an excessive amount of $$$$$ (because of the new year's eve festivities on the beach) to be in a sauna... :-((

Oh and if you ever have to stay at tbis place, bring your own hand towel as there are none for guests..

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MariliaLP
Reviewed 17 December 2019

Very close to Cantagalo Station (metro/underground), hotel nice and clean, near to restaurant, stories, beach and others facilities, delicious breakfast, safety place too. Reception very kind and well educated.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Extraordinary489824
GICP5, Gerente de relações com clientes at Ibis Copacabana Posto 5, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2019

Hello,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Ibis Copacabana Posto 5.
Hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.