All reviews wonderful hotel rooftop pool taxis gym rio nightlife copacabana brazil
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I booked for 4 nights and stayed 3 nights. during check out i asked my last night's rate be offset against my little extras but they refused. I was very disappointed and expect this not to happen to anyone else.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank henryassahakuffo
Ronaldo G, Gerente geral at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Thank you for letting us knows about your experience at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca. We are sorry for not having met your expectations.

At Novotel, we aim at providing high-level service to each of our clients, therefore your feedback is very important to us. Be sure that we will take the appropriate measures to handle the issue and avoid future occurrences.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your experience and and to clarify your doubts please, contact: h8184-gm@accor,com.br

Reviewed 26 February 2018

My wife and I were celebrating our 10th year anniversary but we wanted to go abroad. Rio de Janeiro is a great city and this hotel in particular was a great choice as well. Smooth check in, good room and breakfast. Hotel staff were also very helpful - a special mention to Elio who managed to get us a good table in a local restaurant.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank mrjtafur
Ronaldo G, Gerente at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2018

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

This is my first time in South America. Rio in Brazil seems to be a wonderful place. Beautiful green and surprisingly clean every where.
The sea is just out side the hotel with a wonderful beach.
This hotel is also nice and clean with friendly staff and good food, generally good value for money.
There is however a lack of passion from the staff. You have to ask for them to wipe dry a sun-bed and get a mattress for you, and they haven’t got the right idea of how the cleaning system works in the pool where there is too shallow water for the system to work. But all in all a nice first meeting with Barra in Rio Brazil.

1  Thank Matthiesen
Ronaldo G, Gerente at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

Reviewed 8 February 2018

Although the Hotel follows the Novotel standard we have face some issues with the noise of the AC, room with some improvement needed and breakfast with plastic glasses. The food was also cold and far from the novotel quality.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Andre P

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I usually try to stay at the Accor hotels, but this one was a regular one. The service, the food and the cleanness of the hotel were pretty average. Probably was the madness of the high season, but I wouldn't come back to the hotel.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank María M L
Ronaldo G, Gerente at Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2018

We deeply appreciate your comment related to your experience as a guest of Novotel Rio de Janeiro Barra da Tijuca.

Such information will be shared with our teams, and I am sure that your feedback will be an encouragement for us to keep improving the quality of our services.

Once again, thank you for letting us know about your experience.