2 people are viewing this hotel
US$98
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Hotels.com
PricelineUS$99
TravelocityUS$99
Reviews (1 415)
1 415 results
All reviews star hotel room service great hotel called the front desk corner room mini bar three nights router brazil adapter wifi
Selected filters
1 - 6 of 1 415 reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2020

Positive

Great Location, you are relatively close to everything in walking distance. There is a pharmacy next door, as well as a bakery that has outstanding quality.

The rooms are clean and spacious. One of the big pros for me is that there are no carpets, which is a big plus. It avoids any unpleasant smells.

Negative

Unfortunately, there are a lot more negative comments rather than positive ones. My family and I usually stay at the Grand Hyatt, but due to Covid-19, the hotel was temporarily closed. We were left with no other option but to give this hotel a try.

I want to emphasize that this hotel has the potential to be a 4 or 5-star hotel if adjustments are made. Nonetheless, this hotel should be a 3 star.

On the first day of arrival, we had wifi. However, on the 2 day of our stay, we no longer had wifi. We contacted the reception desk, and the girls in counter said they were having issues with their wifi due to their guest capacity?!?!?!?!?!?! really? This is a hotel that shouldn't even be an issue. We are in 2020 in 2020 even McDonalds has a reliable WIFI however, Windsor Marapendi did not. After a few days the "Partial Wifi" was back up, I mean partial because the wifi was only available in the lobby. Just writing this review baffles me with their lack of proper and basic preparation and administration. Wifi was not available during our entire 9-day stay. We stayed on the 13th floor, and again I repeat no wifi in the room. I had to go down to the lobby so I could log in to my laptop to work. How inconvenient and above all this, not one apology and acknowledgment of their lack of proper planning from the hotel, and they didn't even move a finger to make matters right with this nuisance. There was a lack of responsibility and care from the hotel. All they would say is that they are working on it.

The hotel charges for the use of an adapter. It's 50 real. Although it's nothing if you convert it to USD, all hotels allow you to borrow an adapter if needed. Especially one that has no wifi. (forgive me, but I can't get over this wifi issue)

Breakfast is free, which is a nice thing (especially for a hotel with no wifi), but it's mediocre, your best off going out for breakfast you will have a much better experience.

Blowdryer is obsolete. Suppose you want to dry your hair, good luck. Bring your blowdryer. In my case, I had to go out and buy one during my stay.

The Reception desk crew needs a complete revamp on professionalism and Customer Service. If you are trying to be a high-end hotel ( Which this hotel is not), Customer service is everything you guest needs to feel welcomed and feel like their needs is cared for regardless of how little or big their needs are.

Windsor Marapendi, you have great potential if the criticism is taken and executed for them not to happen again in the future with other guests. You need major improvement. You should be rated as a 2 star if that. Holiday inn is a 5 star compared to you, and Holiday inns are usually the bottom of the barrel.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank Renata A
Reviewed 8 March 2020 via mobile

We loved our stay here at Windsor Marapendi. We appreciated the fact that the tour agency hadn’t made the payment to the hotel - and yet, they treated us nicely, respectfully, letting us check in and helped us to solve the problem. Throughout the weekend, we enjoyed the comfortable rooms, delicious food, pool, sauna, and a great beach service as well. I hope we can come back to stay with them. Top of the line lodging!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexandre Esmeraldo, Gerente geral at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2020

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Windsor Marapendi in Rio de Janeiro!

Please be sure your comments are going to be on record in order to provide you a better experience on an early future.

We are looking forward to welcome you soon in an early future.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 12 February 2020 via mobile

During our 3-day stay, our 10-year had a dehydration causing extreme Fever of 40.4C
While the travelers health insurance Assist Card could not be reached from the room, I called the front desk, Mr. Bruno, who connected me to Assist Card Brazil in 1-2 minutes. The hotel has also a Pharmacy Service, handling the call for ordering the prescription and receiving whatever is needed in the shortest possible time at the hotel.
This is my second stay at the Windsor Marapendi. While the quality of the hotel and breakfast was already known to me, the front desk service in case of an emergency was definitely 5-Star level.
Thank you Mr. Bruno for your outstanding assistance and help.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank sigfriedk2015
Alexandre E, Team Windsor Marapendi at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2020

Dear guest,

It was a great pleasure to have you staying at Windsor Marapendi!

Thank you for your compliments and we are all looking forward to welcoming you back in an early future.

Kindest Regards,
Windsor Marapendi Team

Reviewed 8 February 2020

all from staff are friendly. room service was top. large selection of dishes at breakfast, for our stay of three nights, but if you stay longer, than it should be more varied. service at the beach was very well.

Date of stay: February 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Alexandre E, Team Windsor Marapendi at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2020

Dear guest,

It was wonderful having you stay with us. We're happy to hear you enjoyed the breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back, soon!

Marapendi Team

Reviewed 21 January 2020

Hotel is greatly located. I booked through a booking engine and totally was put in a back room (1332).
Room is nice, big, and great shower.
Air conditioner was noisy and complained, help came, but was unable to fix it and said it was the best they could do. Wi-Fi also had problems, technitian came, added a router, changed the router... did not work properly.
Breakfast... busy!!!! Very busy and loud! Maybe something can be worked out for a better space to be cozier.
Towel card... upon arrival you sign a paper that if you loose the card you shall pay R$100 (around Euro 25). In the end... not even the card was asked for.
Double check your final pay... I was charged for things in the mini-bar that was not consumed.
Pool.. cool place to be, water is VERY HOT and service by the bar is HORRIBLE as well as the food. Totally not worth it.
Cleaning... my second day the cleaning was probably based in making the bed. Forgot dirty towel in the bathroom.
Check out takes FOREVER!!! Horrible line with cord by the reception... seems like an IBIS hotel.
Hotel is new, so that is a plus. Changes should be done and expected.

Room tip: Front view rooms and higher floor for the noise.
Date of stay: January 2020
3  Thank onlyraphael
Alexandre E, Team Windsor Marapendi at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2020

Dear Mr. Raphael,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to leave feedback. We love knowing that overall you had a positive experience and were able to take advantage of our welcoming staff.
Our top priority is making sure each of our guests has a comfortable and relaxing stay. We do appreciate you letting us know where we have room for improvement and look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Rio de Janeiro.

Marapendi Team