All reviews star hotel newer hotel amazing hotel nice rooftop barra beach statue of christ room service i highly recommend this hotel restaurant staff safe neighborhood hotel guests night stay early check felt safe beach service sugar loaf conference
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Windsor Marapendi is a good option in the upscale area of Barra da Tijuca in Rio, even though it is more of a 4 stars than a 5 stars hotel. The best assets are probably the service, very attentive and professional even if with some inconsistency (one day the room service came at 2pm, which was quite uncomfortable), whereas the position is a pro for the fact that is in one of the safest area of Rio, in front of a beautiful and clean beach where people walk also in the evening but a con for the long distance from the main Rio attractions. The traffic to Ipanema can be monstrous so the fastest option to go to the middle of the action is probably to catch a cab for the short ride to the Jardim Oceanico station and then go by metro. Windsor Marapendi is a good place for a conference or business purposes but maybe not ideal for holidays, even though there were quite a few tourists too (mainly Brazilian, from what I could see). The hotel is very big, with the facilities expected from this type of establishments, The areas for conference were well appointed and working well, the food was overall more than satisfying (excellent breakfast, quite good lunch). I didn't have any bad experience with the reception desk and actually the check in and check out procedures were quite smooth. The staff was able to give reliable tips about public transportation to the city center and they provided towels for free not only for the small swimming pool on the roof but also for the beach on the other side of the road, where beach chairs are also available. A few other details were debatable though, for example, I don't see the point for a hotel that aspire to be "luxury" to charge for a black and white printout of a boarding pass. Seriously? This is a service that even scruffy hotels do for free. The mini fridge in the room was one of the noisiest I ever experienced and I couldn't find a way to unplug it. Overall recommended, especially if one is ok with staying so far from city center. There are a few expensive restaurants at walking distance but most of the ubiquitous beach kiosks also offer simple and cheap food.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexandre E, Windsor Marapendi Team at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear Lamusi,
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience at the Windsor Marapendi in Rio de Janeiro! Please be sure your comments are going to be on record in order to provide you a better experience on an early future.
We love knowing that overall you had a positive experience and were able to take advantage of our welcoming staff.

Thanks again for choosing Windsor Marapendi and hope to have you with us in your next visit to Rio.
Windsor Marapendi Team

Reviewed 3 September 2018

Great location - but pretty average hotel. Nothing special - basic 4 / aspiring 5 star hotel. Restaurants very average - and a fair way out from the lively Rio of leblon / ipanema. For a conference for couple of days OK - longer and for family not so sure. The trafiic commute into Rio can be tough

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexandre E, Marapendi Team at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2018

Dear Mr. Michael,

We are looking forward to welcome you soon in an early future.

Kindest Regards

Marapendi Team

Reviewed 25 August 2018

As a Rio de Janeiro native who's lived abroad for the past 30 years, whenever coming home I have family and friends who would like to come and visit. Contrary to most hotels in the world, including the ones in Rio, the Windsor brand has a strict policy of "NO VISITORS ALLOWED." I had previously stayed at the Windsor Miramar and stumbled upon the same problem, except, at the time, my visitor just so happened to be an acquaintance of the property manager and was allowed up. In another words, unless you are friends with the manager, the Windsor brand is NOT HOME AWAY FROM HOME. Staff and management can be extremely rude and dismissive.

Room tip: Both Hilton and Sheraton have no problems in accepting visitors.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Alexandre E, Marapendi Team at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Mr. Marcelo, thank you for your feedback.

To ensure safety and comfort of all Hotel guests during their stay, we have clarified that visitors are allowed to the Lobby and to the Restaurant.
Nevertheless we are always alert on our guests feedback and we will consider your comment.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon in an early future.

Kindest Regards
Marapendi Team

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

As mentioned in previous reviews, the problem with this hotel principally relates to the staff. On arrival, we were served almost reluctantly by a member of staff who left us waiting for a few minutes during check in, didn’t give us much information about our stay and certainly did not greet us in the welcoming manner we were expecting.

During our stay we had an issue with a credit card being cloned - the same card used to pay the pre authorisation. This resulted in the card used for payment needing to be changed at check out. Once this issue was resolved, I never received a word of thanks for my payment to the hotel and at the end of my stay was handed my card back without even a smile.

In terms of the quality of the hotel, everything was basically 4*- breakfast was good, everything was clean and it is super close to the beach. Unfortunately my dissatisfaction with the staff employed here really did affect the quality of my stay. I can confirm that I will not be returning to this hotel or recommending it to future travellers.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Alexandre E, General Manager Assistant at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for give us the feedback about your stay at Windsor Marapendi.
We were very surprised by the previous comment, for that reason our team is in constant training so, please know that we will share with the appropriate team leaders your opinion to best improve upon on this. We consider our guest opinion the best way to keep offering a high quality service.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.
Best Regards
Sheila Judt
General Manager Assistant

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Good service, a good room, and and an excellent location: This is my summary of my stay at Windsor Marapendi. I recommend it for stays and activities in the Barra da Tijuca area. I think the hotel is both suitable for business people and holiday guests.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Alexandre E, General Manager Assistant at Windsor Marapendi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Mr.Martin,
Our team really appreciated your comments about your stay with us. It is nice to read such a detailed feedback. It helps us to keep offering each time an unique experience, as it is our goal.

Windsor Marapendi