10 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 792)
2 792 results
1 881
1 881
All reviews lagoon view club access club room beautiful hotel rooms are great barra beach concierge team barra area fantastic stay beach service beach front restaurants and bars canto shiso gym uber da
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 2 792 reviews
Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

A really great hotel with a friendly and supportive staff. The hotel is new and modern and even during a covid lock down the staff made sure we felt a minimal impact. They also do a good job taking care of their elites and special thanks to Denise and Felipe for taking such care of us! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank 4alexnyc
Karina Belache, Outro at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2021

4alexnyc,
Greetings from Grand Hyatt Rio. We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. Our hotel was designed as an Urban Resort and our proposal is to offer a unique, peaceful and luxurious experience, only possible in this prime location of Barra da Tijuca! It makes me very happy that you had such a great experience and that our staff - specially Denise and Felipe - had a big role on it. It would be an honor to welcome you back someday, we look forward to it :)

Reviewed 6 April 2021

A marvelous stay in Rio during the pandemic. The Grand Hyatt Rio has continued to provide top-notch service and amenities despite some small adjustments due to local regulations. General Manager Laurent Ebzant truly has gathered the most outstanding team and combined this with a luxury paradise!
From the day before the stay until the very last moment the experience was flawless. Always attentive and eager to organize any experience, the Conceirge and Grand Club Managers Felipe and Denise ensured that every moment of the trip was bespoke. From the pre arrival email with transportation and hotel activities to scheduling COVID test to return to the USA, nothing was too big or too small for this dynamic duo. They manage the wonderful team at the Grand Club. If you are able to upgrade to the Grand Club, I would highly recommend it as the evening sunset cocktails and snacks are the perfect combination to watch the breathtaking sunset over the Marapendi Lagoon, an exquisite experience not to be missed. The team at the Club Lounge: Alessandro, Caline, Alex, and Victor were outstanding and made you feel at home.
We chose the Ocean Lagoon suite for our stay and it was spacious and had plenty of room to entertain and feel comfortable while enjoying the Resort. The pool and beaches were great and the service was outstanding. We enjoyed the daily breakfast which was a nice combination of traditional Brazilian dishes and familiar international favorites.
All of the restaurants and bars were spectacular. We even took the caipirinha making class and it was a blast to learn with the group and to enjoy a few drinks with fellow guests!
I can't wait to go back, it truly was a divine experience and I would highly recommend this to anyone traveling to Rio de Janeiro!

Room tip: Lagoon Side Rooms are quieter, the Ocean Front Rooms are great but the sound of cars may keep some away due to noise.
Date of stay: March 2021

DrNickScheidt,
Thank you for dedicating your time on sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor, it is so nice to learn that you had a good time at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro. We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. It makes me very happy that you had such a great experience and that our team had a positive impact during your visit. I’m glad to hear you appreciated our Grand Club Lounge and also the resort activities, everything we do is to ensure our guests feel cared for and relaxed. It would be an honor to welcome you back someday, we look forward to it :)

Reviewed 25 March 2021

The hotel sits in priviledged area of the beach. The staff from the F&B, housekeeping, front desk, or any other service area such as the spa, pool, etc, make sure you are having a great time and a great level of care to the guest safety and well being is shown all over. The property is well maintained and the grounds are properly taken care of. There are nice shopping centers nearby and easily accessed by uber/lyft or by taxi. The property has nice restaurants, some with great reviews from Michelin but you can also find local fares in a walking distance, no more than a couple of minutes away. This is a place I would return to easily. Hope anyone reading this may enjoy the same or better degree of service we did receive while staying there.

Date of stay: March 2021
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
2  Thank Rey G
Karina Belache, Outro at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2021

Rey G,
Thank you for dedicating your time on sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor, it is so nice to learn that you had a good time at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro. We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us, so it makes me very happy that you had such a great experience while staying with us. Thank you so much for the many compliments regarding our staff, restaurants and facilities, it is appreciated! It would be an honor to welcome you back someday, we look forward to it :)

Reviewed 8 March 2021 via mobile

The hotel is a great property in Barra. Across from the beach which a nice pool and fairly good service within. The staff were friendly and welcoming. Room was awesome! I had some concerning hiccups. I write this review due to the lack of follow up from the property which as a Globalist bothers me. First off I ordered room service dinner. A steak. It was promptly delivered and the meal itself seemed fit for a child. My meat was over cooked and not edible 90 reals thrown away. I should have called Rappi. Upon check out I was traveling to New York for a meeting followed by Bogotá etc. I was out of clean clothes and sent them in for express cleaning. My clothes never got cleaned as requested. I flew for ten hours in dirty underwear and socks. Arrived in New York with dirty clothes and it was all in all not a good experience. Which cost me discomfort and hundreds of dollars. I’ve informed the hotel via their survey and email and it appears they don’t monitor these channels. Why offer guests a post stay survey if you don’t read or respond to them? Waste of time. What happened I’m sure was a one off and I understand mistakes happen. I’ll definitely return. I’ll be sure to use outside laundry service if need be and probably dine elsewhere.

Date of stay: February 2021
2  Thank BangkokRyan
Reviewed 27 February 2021 via mobile

We are nearing the end of a nice stay during Brazilian summer. As Hyatt globalist we have been treated exceptionally well despite COVID. The staff and service here are reminiscent of being in a Park Hyatt in Asia (Denise has been the best!). We were notified by the app a day before arriving of an upgrade to a suite. Said suite was stunning and again more in line with the Park Hyatt brand IMO. Communication in English was always possible which in Brazil is never a given. The hotel is also honoring nearly all benefits again - full breakfast, club lounge is open with great wine/cocktail/apps service from 5:30 -7 everyday, small fitness classes, etc. We were also able to get our COVID tests needed for US reentry fairly easily. While that service is only complementary after 7 day stay, we were able to get an antigen test about 5 mins from the hotel for $40US with results emailed within an hour. On-site PCR at hotel is about $70US with 24 turn around. We also loved the fairly reasonable prices of food and drink on property. A pool cocktail runs about $7US right now which is great for such a nice resort. Dinner and drinks in the restaurants are also very reasonable. Only word of advice would be to keep your KN95 mask handy as mask use on property (other guests) could be better especially in the elevators (soon to be a non-issue post COVID). The area is about 30 mins in an Uber from Sugarloaf, Ipanema, etc. but the immediate area also feels much safer. Overall we could not be happier with our experience here and will be back when in Rio.

Date of stay: February 2021
3  Thank TommyH292
Karina Belache, Other at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2021

TommyH292,

Thank you for taking some time of your day to write us this great review.

It really brings us joy to read comments like yours! We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us, and it makes me very happy that you had such a great experience! I’m glad to hear you appreciated our Grand Club, our breakfast and facilities. Thank you for the many compliments, it is appreciated!

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Rio!