16 people are viewing this hotel
US$177
Free cancellation until 21/10/03
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$178
Reviews (2 847)
2 848 results
1 924
1 924
All reviews lagoon view club access club room beautiful hotel rooms are great barra beach concierge team barra area fantastic stay beach service beach front restaurants and bars canto shiso gym uber da
Selected filters
21 - 26 of 2 848 reviews
Reviewed 22 February 2021 via mobile

The hotel is really pretty, clean and good food. There is a lounge for those who have access (which is pretty good). There are bikes for the guest to use, and they are a lot
of restaurants around you can walk to. There is a beach club from the hotel at the beach.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank andrealU6402WI
Karina Belache, Other at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

andrealU6402WI,

Thank you for taking your time to share your review with us.

We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. It makes me very happy that you had such a great experience. I’m glad to hear you appreciated our Grand Club. It really brings us joy to read comments like yours!

We look forward on welcoming you back again in another opportunity!

Reviewed 14 February 2021

The location is great with nice views to either the beach or the lagoon, the rooms are good sized and comfortable, the gym is great, breakfast is really good.

BUT what really makes the Grand Hyatt experience so enjoyable are the exceptional staff. They are extremely professional but more importantly are so warm, friendly and welcoming. They truly made my extended stay for work here feel like I was at home. A big thank you to you all! I’m already looking forward to returning.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank simonpsydney
Karina Belache, Other at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2021

Simon,

Thank you for taking your time to share your review with us.

It makes me very happy that you had a great experience! We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. It makes me very happy that you had such a great experience.

We look forward on welcoming you back on your next visit to Rio!

Reviewed 13 February 2021

This is my go to hotel near my home, I go there to relax, Work and Stay.

As a place to stay its a 5 star hotel with good rooms and a good attitude often at excellent prices.

The rooms are a little bland, but bedding, towels, amenities etc are excellent.

The pool is big and has separate areas for general and adults.

Food is good and not badly priced, service is excellent with a very positive attitude.

Opposite the hotel is a great beach and the hotel has its own sunbeds etc on the beach, if you go to the beach you can experience local food rather than Hotel food.

What I like the most is that the wifi is good, they let you use as many beach towels as you want, it has its own parking, the exec lounge if you use it is excellent!

Im trying to think of anything bad but am struggling, I suppose that when its busy its expensive for the area (Which is excellent by the way and only £15 to copocabana) It lacks atmosphere in the evening but there are a couple of beach bars 5 minutes away on foot ( a safe walk) if you want that. Or Taxi into Recreio, Barra, Or Lapa!

Overall a good base just outside Rio Centre with many benefits and very limited downside.

I stay in hotels 100 nights a year! So trust this review,

Room tip: If its quiet suites etc are great value !
4  Thank NickGodliman60

Nick,

Thank you so much for your feedback and preference for Grand Hyatt Rio!

It makes me very happy that you had a great experience! We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. It makes me very happy to know that we've accomplished our goal during your stay! It really brings us joy to read comments like yours!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rio!

Reviewed 7 February 2021 via mobile

I came to stay here for a couple of days. Hotel is very good but also very busy. It is in front of the beach. Service is very good and has a good gym. I would recommend it to anyone coming to Rio de Janeiro

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank alejandroz292
Karina Belache, Other at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2021

alejandroz292,

Thank you for taking some time of your day to write us this review!

We always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and at home while staying with us. It makes me very happy that you had such a great experience. Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro was designed as an Urban Resort and our proposal is to offer a unique, peaceful and luxurious experience, only possible in this prime location of Barra da Tijuca!

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Rio!

Reviewed 4 February 2021 via mobile

Last Hotel at the end of the Barra beach. Decent comfortable rooms. Great shower.
Rooms come with Nespresso machine but without capsules and no tea/coffee cups (even with multiple requests). Breakfast and Club Lounge with good choices and quick service. Outstanding friendliness.
Significant downside: yes they have the standard Hyatt safety rules but rules aren’t observed and not enforced. Guests walking around at Bar without masks, hugging waiters, not keeping distance and Hotel management isn’t doing anything to secure safety for their guests and employees.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank FreqTravellerMunich
Karina Belache, Other at Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2021

FreqTravellerMunich,

Thank you for taking your time to share your review with us.

I am very happy to learn that you have enjoyed extraordinary moments in our Grand Club! This space was designed to provide comfort and coziness for our guests. It is such a joy to know that you felt this care.

And about your constructive comments, the excellence in services provided is the priority for us, so we apologize for the inconveniences of your stay with us. Rest assured that your feedback has been taken into account by our team.

Grand Hyatt Rio de Janeiro follows Hyatt's Global Care and Cleaning Commitment, which adopted several measures focusing on the safety and well-being of guests, customers and employees. The hotel is accredited to GBAC STARTM and Diversey Consulting's cleaning, disinfection and disease prevention program, in addition to receiving the Federal, State and Municipal certification seals: Responsible Tourism, Conscious Tourism and Xô Corona, which follows the most strict licensing protocols. In addition, the Grand Hyatt has a Hygiene Leader, a specialist in health and hygiene, who is responsible for adhering to the new protocols and training of all employees. Thus, we reinforce that the well-being of our guests and employees comes always first for us. So, we apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during this time with us.

I hope we can welcome you back as an opportunity to redeem ourselves for this occasion!