5 people are viewing this hotel
Agoda.com
US$56
Free cancellation until 21/07/31
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$62
PricelineUS$57
Lol.travelUS$103
Reviews (1 159)
1 159 results
All reviews vila gale beautiful pool staff was friendly and helpful nice hotel central location recommend staying here great shower spacious room pool bar excellent breakfast lapa mariana nightlife rio brazil copacabana metro
Selected filters
3 - 8 of 1 159 reviews
Reviewed 21 March 2020 via mobile

This was my second stay at this lovely classic hotel. This time I booked a room in the old part of the hotel. It’s was spacious with lovely views of the pool area. I would suggest you book an upstairs room as you have more privacy and can leave your windows open. The WiFi was super fast and the room was cleaned really well each day. The main reason for staying again at this hotel is to spend time relaxing at the beautiful pool area. There were over 50 loungers with cushions and a great pool bar. Pool towels are available. The breakfast is really good, with a chef making eggs to your choice.

My only complaints would be the extra charges they tried to charge me for tips. When I refused they told me it was optional. I suggest the hotel stop this policy as it causes unhappy guests.

I have never seen the large bar open this after 2 stays at the hotel.

I would return to this hidden gem as it has old world charms.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank GrayRex
VilaGaleHotels, Gerente geral at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2020

Dear Guest, we are extremely grateful to share your experience with you. It is a satisfaction for us to receive or receive feedback from our guests, through you, we can create products and services that positively serve all of our customers. We hope to return - the briefs in any of the units that are not in Brazil and Portugal "Always close to you!" With our compliments.

Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

Can’t think of any faults for this place. As a resident of Rio, this is my new ‘weekend away’ city pad. Spacious, super clean rooms, excellent breakfast with omelette station & Prosecco (!), central location.. the highlight beyond all this is the central pool area & the friendly staff. Oh & it’s a fraction of the price of beach area hotels (an Uber to the beach from here is maybe $4). Good bars & restaurants in the area too.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Thalassophile1971
VilaGaleHotels, Gerente at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Client, We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Vila Galé Rio de Janeiro. Sincerely,

Reviewed 3 February 2020

A strange transition from the colonial entrance and its classic lobby to the tranquil garden pool hidden just behind the main building. The rooms in the modern high rise building at the other end of the pool are spacious and very comfortable for a down-town hotel. Great breakfast with a friendly chef to prepare your favorite fried eggs in the morning. An outside pool bar to relax at the the end of the day. I usually stay in Copacabana when in Rio, but this hotel is much better value for money and being right next to Lapa there's plenty of bars and restaurants in the direct vicinity of the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anybody visiting Rio!

Room tip: The standard rooms are of great quality.
Date of stay: January 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank 365sjoerd
VilaGaleHotels, Gerente at Vila Gale Rio de Janeiro, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2020

Reviewed 2 February 2020 via mobile

We stayed for one night and it has been pleasant. Staff was friendly and helpful, the food (breakfast and dinner buffet where average but convenient)

Wifi is pretty slow, no proper coffee at the buffet only filter brew (seemingly standard in Brazil), the orange juice smelled chemical and wasn’t drinkable.

Good for a short stay but don’t come here for long!

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank stanwich

Reviewed 1 February 2020

The hotel is nice and comfortable, however I felt incredibly scammed by the hotel employees. At checking in, I was told that I had to pay an extra amount (app. 15%) for 'taxes'. However, my booking confirmation clearly said that my payment was with all taxes and indemnities included. I tried to explain to the hotel staff, and in the end they accepted that I did not wanted to pay the extra amount. Later I found out that they try to charge the amount as "tax", but it is in fact an optional tip (for which purpose is completely unclear, since all the staff did was checking me in?). Although this could be a misunderstanding, the scam continued during check out. A (different) staff member told me that he saw in his system that I was not willing to pay the extra amount, but nevertheless asked me to sign a receipt, which he told me stated "that I did not want to pay the amount". The form was completely in Portuguese without translation. However, I understood the Portuguese text which said that the amount would be paid from my creditcard after signing the form. Meanwhile the staff member told me with a straight face that my signature meant that I did not had to pay the amount and that the signature was only for their internal accounts!

I have never experienced such a sneaky and unprofessional tourist scam in a decent hotel. The whole experience made my stay (of 1 night) very unpleasant.

Room tip: The rooms are very noisy, the area is unsafe in the evening
Date of stay: January 2020