Reviews (2 012)
2 012 results
1 050
1 050
All reviews subway station breakfast cost touristic points kind of hotel clean rooms comfortable hotel easy access restaurants and bars hotel is great special thanks reception staff rio copacabana mandela accor eduardo closet
4 - 9 of 2 012 reviews
Reviewed 10 September 2018

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 2 July 2018

Very good location and they make you feel welcome!
Fare Price, comfortable room, honest breakfast and good meal.
Near to the subway and good restaurants in Botafogo area.
Ibis crew are very welcome and make you stay more pleasant

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank ThiagoPalumbodaCosta
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

Just another Ibis. No surprises, reasonable prices and relatively clean rooms.
I liked the localization though. Near Botafogo Metro Station, it’s easy to move around, even by foot.
There is also high gastronomic street life around the corner, at Rua Nelson Mandela. Interesting enough, an ER is also located in this street, so there is assistance readily available, should you drink to much!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Fernanda C, Manager at Ibis Rio de Janeiro Botafogo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Dear Ilgson

Renata Silva
Gerente Geral

Reviewed 12 April 2018

This would normally have been a 3 or 4-star review. Rooms OK, location OK, an impersonal international, comfortable hotel. Could have been anywhere. No personality, but no complaints either. Until 1 month later: I get an email informing I have not paid for breakfast. I always pay everything I am billed for. There was no indication at any stage of my stay that breakfast was not included. (Apparently, it was in the confirmation email, in Brasilian Portuguese! Which I don't speak.) When I went to the restaurant for breakfast, I was asked my room number, none of the staff bothered to inform me that there would be an extra charge for breakfast. Or how much I would be charged. I don't mind paying extra for breakfast (although the hotel at nearly £60 (250 R$) per night is not cheap for Rio), but I would like to be told, so I can pay at check out. The hassle of sending my credit card details + photos of credit card+ photo of passport via email for payment of less than £6 is not only a hassle, but very insecure. No secure method (paypal or similar) was offered. I have now sent all my credit card details (including CCV number) via a non secure email... Hopefully they will not be misused! All this could have been avoided with some simple information...

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

I can warmly recommend this no frills hotel for anyone looking for a economical option in this otherwise expensive city, when it comes to accomodations. Nice and clean and great location together with a very competitive price.

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Johan P