3 people are viewing this hotel
PricelineUS$105
eDreamsUS$105
Reviews (1 432)
1 432 results
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 1 432 reviews
Reviewed 8 March 2020

While the front desk staff was overall friendly and the rooftop terrace cute, the wifi in the room (9th floor) and the lobby was terrible. It would come on then disappear constantly. The speed was worse than a snail crawling. The restaurant and bar next to the lobby features a live DJ every night who blasts loudly into 1 or 2am. The sound could be heard from the rooftop. Also, there are two small elevators and one was broken during the last two days of my three-day stay.

Lastly, upon checking out in the early morning, one front desk agent told me to get free breakfast in the restaurant. But I was sure that my booking didn't include breakfast. If it did, then the agent checking me in did not inform me.

One upside about this hotel is the room size as well as the location. But I'd not stay here again due to the slow wifi and loud music from the restaurant that they own.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank WillTravelForStories
fellichiachianello, Reservas at Mar Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2020

Dear WillTravelForStories,

Many thanks for your rating. We’re very sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and we’ll work on that to make your next stay comfortable and memorable ! We hope to see you very soon !

Reviewed 18 February 2020

My room was so small & dark & depressing that I checked out and moved to the Praia Ipanema - what a world of difference!
This hotel is way over-priced for what it offers.
Not enough people at the front desk speak English.
The hotel is several blocks from the beach.

Date of stay: December 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Adele D

Dear Adele,

Reviewed 10 February 2020 via mobile

We arrived to the hotel late at night . Check in was smooth. Once in the room, I could feel the floor was not clean under my bare feet and when I had a look at the bathroom I could see that it was not properly cleaned, with urine on the toilet seat. We were on the 11th floor but it was still noisy and the bed was uncomfortable. Breakfast was chaotic. The dining area was too small for so many people . Having said that location is good.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank RowenaMalta

Dear Rowena,

Reviewed 16 September 2019

The place is perfect. Near the best beach and wonderful things to do in the city. The hotel is accessible for disabled people. The breakfast is good. The staff is so gentle. The is an amazing restaurant at the hotel.

Date of stay: September 2019
2  Thank marianab405

Dear Marianab405,

Many thanks for your rating ! We’re very happy that you’ve enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you very soon !

Reviewed 10 September 2019

Room and Location were OK.
The main problem with my experience here was the customer service. It all started when I was trying to check out, There was only one employee working on the front desk and she seemed really lost. After 20 minutes waiting, I was able to pay, but once she was really busy, I havent received any receipt for my payment.
When I contacted the Finance department to receive my payment receipt I was instructed to send an email requesting it. So I did it, after one week waiting my receipt, I havent received yet. And when contacting once more the finance department the instruction remains the same.

Date of stay: June 2019