Reviews (2 697)
1 079
1 033
1 079
1 033
All reviews golden tulip block c regente hotel standard room beach hotel ocean view room service chairs and umbrellas location is amazing the hotel staff beach service rooftop terrace reception desk buffet breakfast top floor small pool copacabana
9 - 14 of 2 697 reviews
Reviewed 15 September 2018 via mobile

Booked to stay here at the end of a business trip with my wife. It was her first time visiting Brazil and she was really looking forward to Rio. The city didn’t disappoint her but this hotel really did. As a gold card member I enjoy the upgrades I get which I am very grateful for. BUT a larger room in the back tower of the hotel with a view of a wall leaving the room dark all day is not what I’d call an upgrade. Entrance to the club lounge is also a perk frequent travellers enjoy as it’s somewhere to relax for a couple of hours in the evening. BUT when you have to go out to reception and ask for drinks every night because there’s no one keeping an eye on the stock it’s hardly relaxing. Saturday was the final straw, we come back from a great day out to find the club lounge devoid of anything. Upon enquiring at reception my wife had an argument with a very rude man who told her the club lounge wasn’t available on a weekend and we should know this from the letter we received. Strangely shortly thereafter the hotel sent wine and snacks to the club lounge. Unfortunately not long after the same obnoxious man came to tell me ho lounge access due to my gold card status was a courtesy the hotel extended and was not available on a weekend (as he demonstrated by showing me the letter he’d just printed which apparently should have been in my room). Not backing down from his rude stance with us he then proceeded to tell me I was welcome to go to another hotel if I wasn’t happy!! Upon which I answered why on earth would I do that when I’ve pre paid my room here. Clearly you haven’t looked at the full details of my stay!! As my wife and I were trying to relax I asked the gentleman to charge the wine to my room and leave us in peace - to which he replied I’m not going anywhere!! After I finally told him to leave and turned away from him he pulled his tongue out at my wife like some spoilt child. My wife was so shocked at his behaviour which she challenged him on and he naturally denied this effectively calling my wife a liar. I travel all over the world with my job and stay in many hotels. I have quite a high member status with a number of hotels and enjoy the treatment and benefits this brings me. However I can honestly say this is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Raphaeld1187, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2018

Dear Mr. Thompson,

I would like to apologize for all that happened during your stay.

All your comments were shared with our entire team as an effort to improve our services.

I appreciate you brought your experience to our attention and I hope we can still have the chance to show how important you are to us.

Reviewed 12 September 2018

Beautiful location, the beach is across the street. Rooms with a beach view available. It's very close to Ipanema Beach (5 minutes walk). Large breakfast restaurant plus plenty restaurants around (along Av. Nossa Sra.).

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Raphaeld1187, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2018

Hello, Ania.

Thank you very much for sharing your review.

We're glad to hear that you had a great time in Rio, enjoying our location in Copacabana's Station 5 and all its "carioca" experience.

Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this Grand Mercure hotel at Copacabana beach with the expectation of receiving hotel rooms and services similar to the other Grand Mercure hotels globally. The rooms were small and poorly finished. The standard room comprised a very small space and poorly appointed bathroom that lacked the most basic of amenities. The table in the room, while present, was scratched and looked like a carpenters work bench in a poor managed workshop.

There is a very small swimming pool on the Terrace level, more like a dipping pond that can comfortably accommodate not more than 4 persons at one time, but only for wading and definitely not for swimming. The deck alongside the pool is more like a short strip allowing for few chairs. The service for a few drinks and starters took way too long, largely on account of few waiters and mostly disinterested service attitude.

The only thing going for this hotel is it’s location which is right on the Atlantica Avenue, and hence offers easy access to the Copacabana beach. The service quality of the staff at the reception was admirable given the abject quality elsewhere in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Raphaeld1187, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear SUN-Bombay,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience you had in our hotel.

We're sorry for our structure couldn't meet your expectations.

Our hotel is currently in a planing process to a huge renovation in all our rooms and social areas to start later this year.

I appreciate you brought so many important aspects to our attention, please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our entire team as an effort to improve our service.

I hope we can have another opportunity to better serve you and show how important you are to us.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Medium class hotel, room should be renovated. Location is perfect, 100 meters to copacabana beach. Breakfast is average quality and hard to find a table. Staff is friendly. Wireless is very slow ond difficult to connect.

Stayed: April 2018
Raphael d, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hello, Antonio!
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
We're glad to hear that you had a great time in Rio, enjoying our location in Copacabana.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Good place to stay and has great view of Copacabana Beach. Staff is friendly and co-operative. Just right to say that right value for the money paid. Another good find for me at Rio through Accor Hotels. I got all the benefit of my membership with Accor Hotels.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hello, rizshabbag!
Thank you for sharing your review.