Reviews (2 695)
1 078
1 033
1 078
1 033
All reviews golden tulip block c regente hotel standard room beach hotel ocean view room service chairs and umbrellas location is amazing the hotel staff beach service rooftop terrace reception desk buffet breakfast top floor small pool copacabana
10 - 15 of 2 695 reviews
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We stayed at this Grand Mercure hotel at Copacabana beach with the expectation of receiving hotel rooms and services similar to the other Grand Mercure hotels globally. The rooms were small and poorly finished. The standard room comprised a very small space and poorly appointed bathroom that lacked the most basic of amenities. The table in the room, while present, was scratched and looked like a carpenters work bench in a poor managed workshop.

There is a very small swimming pool on the Terrace level, more like a dipping pond that can comfortably accommodate not more than 4 persons at one time, but only for wading and definitely not for swimming. The deck alongside the pool is more like a short strip allowing for few chairs. The service for a few drinks and starters took way too long, largely on account of few waiters and mostly disinterested service attitude.

The only thing going for this hotel is it’s location which is right on the Atlantica Avenue, and hence offers easy access to the Copacabana beach. The service quality of the staff at the reception was admirable given the abject quality elsewhere in the hotel.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
Raphaeld1187, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear SUN-Bombay,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience you had in our hotel.

We're sorry for our structure couldn't meet your expectations.

Our hotel is currently in a planing process to a huge renovation in all our rooms and social areas to start later this year.

I appreciate you brought so many important aspects to our attention, please rest assured that your comments have been shared with our entire team as an effort to improve our service.

I hope we can have another opportunity to better serve you and show how important you are to us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Medium class hotel, room should be renovated. Location is perfect, 100 meters to copacabana beach. Breakfast is average quality and hard to find a table. Staff is friendly. Wireless is very slow ond difficult to connect.

Stayed: April 2018
Raphael d, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Hello, Antonio!
Thank you for sharing your comments with us.
We're glad to hear that you had a great time in Rio, enjoying our location in Copacabana.
I hope we can welcome you again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Good place to stay and has great view of Copacabana Beach. Staff is friendly and co-operative. Just right to say that right value for the money paid. Another good find for me at Rio through Accor Hotels. I got all the benefit of my membership with Accor Hotels.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Hello, rizshabbag!
Thank you for sharing your review.
We're glad to hear that you had a great time in Rio, enjoying our location in Copacabana's Station 5 and all its "carioca" experience.
I hope we can welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2018

Check in and service up to the room was great. Would have given 4 for thay moment. Everything fell apart afterwards.Noone answered any calls for services.Room was just dirty, particularly all the furnitures not cleaned. Towels with stains were just disgusting. Booked for two nights, checked out next morning.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Raphael d, Gerente geral at Grand Mercure Rio de Janeiro Copacabana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Dear, monggul2018!

Thank you for giving us your feedback.

We apologize that we couldn’t meet your expectations.

I am checking in person thoses matters together with the housekeeping to avoid that such situations will happen again in future.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you again and show how important you are to us.

Reviewed 15 August 2018

I had to be in Rio for a 2 nights, 3 day visit. Chose this hotel because of location. The check-in staff were kind enough to allocate a 10th floor room to me. The view across the beach is just spectacular from there. I loved the fact that the large windows could be completely moved aside, worked perfectly for catching a fresh breeze and the sounds of the waves. I slept with those windows open.

The room I had (which was some superior category) had a spacious King size bed, absolutely enormous. The bathroom was basic but functional. No complaints. The TV had a limited number of channels, but then, I didn't come here to watch TV. WiFi worked flawlessly and was pretty fast. It was also included in the room rate. The room was cleaned each day flawlessly, if a bit late in the day. It also featured a safe, but it requires a bit of a trial-and-error effort at locking the thing. It's easier to open it, as long as you don't forget th code you keyed in.

The hotel breakfast buffet had a very reasonable price tag, but I didn't try it, I preferred to check out places in the neighbourhood, of which there are plenty.

I checked out the roof pool and bar, it was pretty deserted (time of the year explains that). The pool was sufficiently small that I didn't bother going back for it. It seems in good order, in terms of cleanliness. They do apparently offer beach loungers, towels and other services. I didn't try those.

So, the big drawback of this place is that they still have rooms with interconnected doors. If you're unlucky you end up in such a room, as I was, and you literally hear everything that happens in the next room. That sucks. They were willing to relocate me, but to a much lower floor, so there would have gone the premium I paid for my room. Make sure, on check in (or during your booking process), you specifically request not to be placed in a room that has such doors.

Staff were super friendly and professional, I have no complaints. I would stay in this property again.

Room Tip: higher floors for better views
Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear Udo,

Thank you very much for sharing your review.

We're really happy to know that you had such an amazing time during your stay.

We look forward to see you again and for this next opportunity, we hope that you will try our breakfast - it is truly an amazing and well served buffet! :)