Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Reviews (2 073)
2 073 results
All reviews rooftop pool great location beach service ocean front beach towels balcony ipanema floor rio neighborhood carnival
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 2 073 reviews
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

Awesome location and great facilities. Stafff was super friendly, especially Rock at the front desk! Highly recommended if you visit RJ, Ipanema, Leblon, copacabana.
Roof top pool is perfect for sunset and awesome view of the beach

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Praia Ipanema Hotel, Atendimento ao cliente/recepção at Praia Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2021

Dear Mike,

Thank you for choosing Praia Ipanema Hotel during your stay in Rio de Janeiro and taking the time to share your experience with us.
We are delighted to know that our staff made the difference during your stay. Your kind comment was transmited to Rock that made him super motivated.
we look forward to have you in our hotel on your next trip.

Best regards

Praia Ipanema Hotel.

Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

This hotel is the kind of 1980s hotel. Really depressing . Not super bad but really below expectations. Nice efficient and kind staff though. But decoration is totally outdated . Even from the 10th floor facing the sea you hear all the traffic. Not sound proof whatsoever. Bring your ear-plugs Breakfast is to cry . So boring . Again nice staff there. Stay away . Depressing

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank oliviero2014
PraiaIpanema Hotel, General Manager at Praia Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2020

Dear Olivier.

Reviewed 22 March 2020

This review is not for the hotel itself, because I was not even able to stay there. Unfortunately, I booked this hotel before travel restrictions were enforced due to a worldwide pandemic. I tried calling and emailing the hotel multiple times to cancel, only to get no answer or a generic "I don't know". In my opinion, the right thing to do is to give customers the option of cancelling with refund during these tough times, however this hotel never even gave me an answer. That is poor customer service.

Date of stay: March 2020
Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

I usually book my trips without reading the reviews and did the same when I excitedly booked my trip in January to Rio de Janeiro for carnival, which took place in February this year.
Most of the hotels were booked already and the ones left over were out of my price range. When I came across Hotel Praia Ipanema, I looked through the pictures, thought it looked nice, saw they had one room left and booked it immediately.
Then I decided to read the reviews. I was a little concerned after reading the negative reviews about the hotel rooms being outdated, old, with leaky air conditioning units. Then there were many comments about the rude staff at the front desk. Not being able to check in early, etc etc...
Now, I know when reading reviews, you have to take them with a grain of salt because it’s impossible to please everyone. And there are just those people that love to complain and look for the bad in everything. So I didn’t pay much attention to it, but it was in the back of my mind.
I can honestly say, I don’t have a single negative thing to say about my stay at Praia Ipanema. From the moment we checked in, until the moment we checked out 10 days later. We were greeted very warmly by Tomas at the front desk. I asked him
how his day was going and he seemed shocked that someone was actually interested in how his day was going. We chatted for a few minutes about my long 18 hour “commute.” It was 12:30pm when I arrived and check in isn’t until 3pm. Because of the negative reviews, and the fact that there was luggage already being stored behind the front desk, we asked if we could leave our luggage there too so we could go to the beach. Tomas said, let me check to see if we have a room available. They did and we went up right away with the bell boy right behind us with our luggage. I think showing a little kindness and asking how someone else is doing, goes a long way. But aside from that, the rooms were clean, smelled nice and fresh. The waiters for room service were always cordial. The view of Ipanema and the two brothers mountains from the rooftop pool are breathtaking, as well as the view from the restaurant on the same floor.
So, I don’t know if they renovated or got new staff, but whatever the case is, I found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be very welcoming and professional. At check out, Tomas was at the front desk and I said “Tomas, I am very upset!” With a very concerned look on his face he he asked, “why? What’s wrong?” To which I replied, “I’m checking out!” We all had a good laugh and off we end to the airport to start our 18 hour trek back to NY.
I highly recommend Hotel Praia Ipanema for your stay in Rio.

Date of stay: February 2020
1  Thank marcrM296UV
Reviewed 23 February 2020

I visited this hotel ten years ago and this february once again. The hotel has a very good location right in front of Ipanema Beach and the staff is very helpfull. Once in my room , the room really was big enough and with balcony . But I must say that although the bathrome everything worked properly, the whole interior of the bathroom looked worn out and should be modernized and updated to standards belonging to 4-stars.Also the breakfast in itself was sufficient but not much variation. So given the price of this hotel and the two points that are not up to par, I would rate this hotel overpriced

Date of stay: February 2020
2  Thank Hansamdam
HotelPraiaIpanema, Front Office Manager at Praia Ipanema Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2020

Dear Hansamdam.
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and we were pleased to be your choice during your stay in Rio de Janeiro. We highly appreciate your review as it is of great importance to help the constant improvements of our services. We will pass your complaints to each of the responsible areas. We also apologize for the all inconvenience and assure you that they are not part of what we consider to be our quality standard. We hope to host you again soon. Best regards, Praia Ipanema Hotel.