Reviews (2 642)
2 642 results
1 571
1 571
All reviews top floor copacabana beach business lounge hotel is excellent swimming pool on the roof stayed for nights room was large beach front panoramic view comfortable rooms breakfast room perfect location rooftop bar an upgrade sugar loaf skylab rio
22 - 27 of 2 642 reviews
Reviewed 6 October 2018

The whole experience at this hotel was very good. Since the reservation process, which was done by e-mail and needed some changes, all the staff was very cooperative and willing to help. Special thanks to all the reservation staff, such as Amanda Brandão, Dalila Tavares, Roberta Batista, and Franciele Amorim.

The hotel is at an excellent location, in the middle of Copacabana beach - therefore, in a walking distance to Ipanema in the west and Leme to the east. And in a good distance to good restaurants, bars, and other attractions in the neighborhood.

The rooms are very good (I stayed at two) - very large and comfortable beds, with good pillows, a nice small balcony, all the furniture in good state, good bathroom, good shower... There are even some books with updated attractions and photos from Rio. The normal breakfast is very good, but if you have the budget to have a superior room that gives you the right to have breakfast at the pool floor, it is even better!

The service is excellent, the staff is very kind and cooperative. Once, in the middle of the night it was a bit cold. I called the reception, and in less then 2 minutes someone already brought a better coverlet.

I would like to thank specially to Diana and Solange with the check-in and check-out process, trying to provide me with the best experience possible.
I definitely would like to go there again, and recommend the experience!

Room Tip: In the east side you have a beautiful view of the Copacabana beach, Pão de Açucar, Baia de Guanabara...
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rafael S
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

Mrs. Sylvia was very attentive upon request for help with a smile on her face making you very comfortable to be here and showing how nice Brazilian people can be. She’s a perfect example of good customer service! Supervisor Evandro and maid Ivanete we great as well. It was my first time outside of the United States. We will be back.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Hunter W
Reviewed 3 October 2018 via mobile

We express our sincere gratitude to Angela Sa, who kept our stay very comfortable. She is friendly, excellent in her work and most importantly she is honest. She found money we had misplaced and gave it to us. She is an excellent house keeper.

Sylvia Saldana is an excellent manager and made sure that we were taken care of every day. She took a keen interest in our comfort. Her service is excellent.

Evandro Costa is also another one to mention. He was very good to us.

The three of them are a great asset to this hotel as they treat guests very professionally.

We recommend their great service.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

I loved my stay at the Rio Othon Palace. I thank
maid Ivanete and supervisor Evandro who were super attentive to me and my fiance. I've traveled many places and I can say that their work is 5 stars. Thank you for making our trip more comfortable.
Thanks very much guys! See you guys soon!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Juliana B
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is a nice hotel on a very good location on Copacabana beach.

The location offers everything that you would hope for in Rio. I walked Sugar Loaf mountain cable car - about 45 minutes walk.

There is a street market not far from hotel in the evenings for the souvenirs. Nice restaurants around the corner.
Also, other famous Brazilian beaches in walking distance from this hotel.

The area is quite safe as there is alot of Police patrolling all the time.
Enjoy..