8 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 301)
2 301 results
1 258
1 258
All reviews private beach leblon beach tennis courts bene restaurant the club lounge pool area free shuttle large pool shuttle service ocean front top floor concierge desk late check cachaca niemeyer rio favela
Selected filters
2 - 7 of 2 301 reviews
Reviewed 4 June 2021

My trip was great. Rennnan the waiter was so great. He was very friendly and showed us a great time! Would recommend to anyone and everyone.

This was my first time out of the country, and it was amazing.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2021 via mobile

This is the best time of year. No chaos. No wild parties. Just good weather and nice pool days. Carolina at the pool side restaurant was above and beyond and the entire staff actually cared and made sure our visit was great. Would recommend to friends.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Daniele Resende, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2021

We would like to thank you for the preference and we are very happy to have you here at the Sheraton Grand Rio!
We are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations.
Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience and we will thank Carolina for providing it for you and your family.

Reviewed 6 May 2021

This is my second time staying at the property. I really want to thank Daniele Resende for being incredibly helpful with my inquiries in advance of the stay, to the team working in the interim club lounge, and the folks responding to service requests during my stay in a timely and helpful manner. It was a wonderful visit and I look forward to returning soon.

Date of stay: May 2021

Dear Travis,
You are so kind and I'm glad to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

I was very happy and satisfied with the service of this hotel . My first time in rio was better than expected +thanks to the hard work knowledge and professional friendly environment created by Carolina from Chile at the restaurant in the pool . She was kind, respectful,professional * spoke 3 different languages and knew about the drinks the food and made us feel at home away from home . Along with her coworkers from Paraguay and fortaleza. A great team work effort all around . I’ll definitely recommend this place to my friends and family and I’ll comeback for more good times drinks by the pool with the amazing breeze and friendly environment. Thanks by cesar from New York City

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Daniele Resende, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2021

Dear Cesar,

We are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you had an incredible experience with our associates.

Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience and we will complement Carolina for providing it for you.

Reviewed 4 April 2021

The employees at the Sheraton are great. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately the weekend Carioca fare/passes the Sheraton is promoting turns the hotel into Vegas. It is impossible to enjoy the pool or anything else without being overwhelmed by rude people who have no consideration of anyone else. The safety protocols for covid are just a suggestion...the weekend people feel entitled to help themselves to the buffet without gloves and they cut in front of everyone in line. They are rude to the employees and treat them like servants.

If you want to have a great place to enjoy through the week, this is it...just beware the weekend!

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you for sharing your sincere comments and for choosing the Sheraton Grand Rio for your recent stay.

We want to make it clear that we are complying with all covid-19 security protocols required by local authorities.
As for the behavior of the other guests, we apologize, the whole staff is attentive, advising all guests to follow the security protocol against covid-19 to keep the environment safe for everyone.

I would like to leave my personal contact if you want to give more details or suggestions.
My email is anderson.a.silva@sheraton.com