6 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 287)
2 287 results
1 248
1 248
All reviews private beach leblon beach tennis courts bene restaurant the club lounge pool area free shuttle large pool shuttle service ocean front top floor concierge desk late check cachaca niemeyer rio favela
Selected filters
4 - 9 of 2 287 reviews
Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

I was very happy and satisfied with the service of this hotel . My first time in rio was better than expected +thanks to the hard work knowledge and professional friendly environment created by Carolina from Chile at the restaurant in the pool . She was kind, respectful,professional * spoke 3 different languages and knew about the drinks the food and made us feel at home away from home . Along with her coworkers from Paraguay and fortaleza. A great team work effort all around . I’ll definitely recommend this place to my friends and family and I’ll comeback for more good times drinks by the pool with the amazing breeze and friendly environment. Thanks by cesar from New York City

Date of stay: April 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
Daniele Resende, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2021

Dear Cesar,

We would like to thank you for the preference and we are very happy to have you here at the Sheraton Grand Rio!
We are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you had an incredible experience with our associates.

Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience and we will complement Carolina for providing it for you.

Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator.

Reviewed 4 April 2021

The employees at the Sheraton are great. Everyone is friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately the weekend Carioca fare/passes the Sheraton is promoting turns the hotel into Vegas. It is impossible to enjoy the pool or anything else without being overwhelmed by rude people who have no consideration of anyone else. The safety protocols for covid are just a suggestion...the weekend people feel entitled to help themselves to the buffet without gloves and they cut in front of everyone in line. They are rude to the employees and treat them like servants.

If you want to have a great place to enjoy through the week, this is it...just beware the weekend!

Date of stay: April 2021

Dear Mr. Robert,

Thank you for sharing your sincere comments and for choosing the Sheraton Grand Rio for your recent stay.

We want to make it clear that we are complying with all covid-19 security protocols required by local authorities.
As for the behavior of the other guests, we apologize, the whole staff is attentive, advising all guests to follow the security protocol against covid-19 to keep the environment safe for everyone.

I would like to leave my personal contact if you want to give more details or suggestions.
My email is anderson.a.silva@sheraton.com

Graciously,
Anderson Silva
Front Office Supervisor

Reviewed 26 March 2021

I have been living at the Sheraton Grand Rio for the last 4 months and the Sheraton Hotels since

July when we moved to Brazil.

The overall experience has been great. Besides meeting new people, the Sheraton crew has always been the best. It is hard to mention everyone here but I will try as I write this letter!

Breakfast Staff - OMG – How can I thank them for all the hard work they do every day! They are all so nice and friendly. Also, they deserve awards for how they handle some guests in the hotel that never use the words “Good Morning,” “Please,” and “Thank you.” They are always attentive and take of everyone with great care and respect.

The same goes to the pool crew and bar crew! They don’t have an easy job dealing with vacationers all day long.

The night Crew

Kudos – for the L’Etoile, Bene, and Casa Cachaca staff. Special thanks to Bene Chef Augustus who made a special dinner for us. It was the best vitelo that I have eaten in a very long time!!!!!!!

Thank you to Mariana that is helping with my birthday cake!

Anderson the night manager – besides doing a great job taking care of everyone, I think he also works part time as the Sheraton psychologist patiently listening to everyone’s problems!

Pablo and Renan with their amazing drinks and bar service!

And I could not forget to thank Agnaldo for taking care of happy hour. He is pure joy and happiness – always taking care of everyone and never losing the smile on his face. His smile and friendliness come through even though he’s wearing a mask!

Thank you, thank you to everyone here for making us feel at home.

Room tip: All the rooms end in 26 have a bater AC , all the rooms end 23 better view
Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Andre D

Dear Mr Andre,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Grand Rio!
It's a hornor to be your home here at Rio de Janeiro

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and are glad to know that our crew has provided it for you!

We are very happy to know that we exceeded your expectations at our restaurants Bene, Casa da Cachaça and L'Etoile.

Please be sure that we'll extend your compliments to all associates that made the differece in your stay!

Thank you once again for the preference!

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator.

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Property is dated including the rooms and inside hotel areas. “Mountain View” is actually of a swath of favelas. Outdoor spaces are expansive but unimpressive. Pool is average, no elaborate landscaping, outdoor bar is unappealing. Beach facility is poor with unbelievably cheap, uncomfortable furniture. Breakfast is not great.

I did find the staff to be professional.

Overall, grossly unbefitting of a 5 star, let alone a Sheraton, and would not stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank agashishgupta
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2021

Dear Agashishgupta,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectation.

I sincerely hope your recent experience with us will not mar your impression of our resort, I hope you will grant us the opportunity to have you stay with us again here in Rio de Janeiro and welcome you to discuss additional thoughts on your future stay at anderson.azevedo@sheraton.com so I can take care of each detail of your stay.

Anderson Azevedo
Hotel Manager on Duty

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I have been to many sheratons all over the world and I will say that this one did not impress me at all. I will avoid ever coming back to this Sheraton in the future because of the way the customer service has been. Guests should not be treated so badly when they are staying at an expensive place like this.

Date of stay: February 2021