Lowest prices for your stay
Sheraton.com
US$138
US$138
Free cancellation until 21/08/13
Reserve now, pay at stay
Agoda.com
Reviews (2 299)
2 299 results
1 257
1 257
All reviews private beach leblon beach tennis courts bene restaurant the club lounge pool area free shuttle large pool shuttle service ocean front top floor concierge desk late check cachaca niemeyer rio favela
Selected filters
7 - 12 of 2 299 reviews
Reviewed 26 March 2021

I have been living at the Sheraton Grand Rio for the last 4 months and the Sheraton Hotels since

July when we moved to Brazil.

The overall experience has been great. Besides meeting new people, the Sheraton crew has always been the best. It is hard to mention everyone here but I will try as I write this letter!

Breakfast Staff - OMG – How can I thank them for all the hard work they do every day! They are all so nice and friendly. Also, they deserve awards for how they handle some guests in the hotel that never use the words “Good Morning,” “Please,” and “Thank you.” They are always attentive and take of everyone with great care and respect.

The same goes to the pool crew and bar crew! They don’t have an easy job dealing with vacationers all day long.

The night Crew

Kudos – for the L’Etoile, Bene, and Casa Cachaca staff. Special thanks to Bene Chef Augustus who made a special dinner for us. It was the best vitelo that I have eaten in a very long time!!!!!!!

Thank you to Mariana that is helping with my birthday cake!

Anderson the night manager – besides doing a great job taking care of everyone, I think he also works part time as the Sheraton psychologist patiently listening to everyone’s problems!

Pablo and Renan with their amazing drinks and bar service!

And I could not forget to thank Agnaldo for taking care of happy hour. He is pure joy and happiness – always taking care of everyone and never losing the smile on his face. His smile and friendliness come through even though he’s wearing a mask!

Thank you, thank you to everyone here for making us feel at home.

Room tip: All the rooms end in 26 have a bater AC , all the rooms end 23 better view
Date of stay: July 2020
2  Thank Andre D
Daniele Resende, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2021

Dear Mr Andre,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Grand Rio!
It's a hornor to be your home here at Rio de Janeiro

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and are glad to know that our crew has provided it for you!

We are very happy to know that we exceeded your expectations at our restaurants Bene, Casa da Cachaça and L'Etoile.

Please be sure that we'll extend your compliments to all associates that made the differece in your stay!

Thank you once again for the preference!

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator.

Reviewed 28 February 2021 via mobile

Property is dated including the rooms and inside hotel areas. “Mountain View” is actually of a swath of favelas. Outdoor spaces are expansive but unimpressive. Pool is average, no elaborate landscaping, outdoor bar is unappealing. Beach facility is poor with unbelievably cheap, uncomfortable furniture. Breakfast is not great.

I did find the staff to be professional.

Overall, grossly unbefitting of a 5 star, let alone a Sheraton, and would not stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank agashishgupta
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2021

Dear Agashishgupta,

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectation.

I sincerely hope your recent experience with us will not mar your impression of our resort, I hope you will grant us the opportunity to have you stay with us again here in Rio de Janeiro and welcome you to discuss additional thoughts on your future stay at anderson.azevedo@sheraton.com so I can take care of each detail of your stay.

Anderson Azevedo
Hotel Manager on Duty

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I have been to many sheratons all over the world and I will say that this one did not impress me at all. I will avoid ever coming back to this Sheraton in the future because of the way the customer service has been. Guests should not be treated so badly when they are staying at an expensive place like this.

1  Thank U439TBjoshc
Reviewed 26 February 2021

I will NEVER stay at this property again in my life due to the unprofessionalism of Jeffeson at the front desk. This guy was extremely rude multiple times throughout our stay and made us hate our time at the sheraton. We spent so much money at this resort only to be treated like crap.

Please do not stay at this hotel. You will be VERY disappointed. I learned my lesson.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Thaís S
Reviewed 18 February 2021 via mobile

It is a beautiful hotel with a great private beach and an awesome breakfast. Most importantly when my husband tested positive for covid Livia and Priscilla handled everything including a Dr visit, lab work and medicine delivery right to the resort! They navigated the language barrier for us throughout our visit as well. And after being required to Quarintine for 10 days, the manager, Anderson, gave us a reduced room rate and 20% off our food plus calling several times to see if we needed anything. Definitely a place that deserves high marks for the staff!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tobyh164
Daniele Resende, Sales at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear Toby,

We would like to thank you for the preference and we are very happy to have you here at the Sheraton Grand Rio!
We are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations and to know that you husband its recoverd.

Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience and we will thank Livia, Priscilla and Anderson for providing it for you and your family.

Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator.