15 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 296)
2 296 results
1 254
1 254
All reviews private beach leblon beach tennis courts bene restaurant the club lounge pool area free shuttle large pool shuttle service ocean front top floor concierge desk late check cachaca niemeyer rio favela
Selected filters
9 - 14 of 2 296 reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I have been to many sheratons all over the world and I will say that this one did not impress me at all. I will avoid ever coming back to this Sheraton in the future because of the way the customer service has been. Guests should not be treated so badly when they are staying at an expensive place like this.

Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank Josh C
Reviewed 26 February 2021

I will NEVER stay at this property again in my life due to the unprofessionalism of Jeffeson at the front desk. This guy was extremely rude multiple times throughout our stay and made us hate our time at the sheraton. We spent so much money at this resort only to be treated like crap.

Please do not stay at this hotel. You will be VERY disappointed. I learned my lesson.

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Thaís S
Reviewed 18 February 2021 via mobile

It is a beautiful hotel with a great private beach and an awesome breakfast. Most importantly when my husband tested positive for covid Livia and Priscilla handled everything including a Dr visit, lab work and medicine delivery right to the resort! They navigated the language barrier for us throughout our visit as well. And after being required to Quarintine for 10 days, the manager, Anderson, gave us a reduced room rate and 20% off our food plus calling several times to see if we needed anything. Definitely a place that deserves high marks for the staff!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tobyh164
Daniele Resende, Sales at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear Toby,

We would like to thank you for the preference and we are very happy to have you here at the Sheraton Grand Rio!
We are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations and to know that you husband its recoverd.

Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience and we will thank Livia, Priscilla and Anderson for providing it for you and your family.

Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator.

Reviewed 16 February 2021

The Hotel and staff were really welcoming and warm, we get right at home. Completely satisfied with the hospitality. More so my review is for the restaurant located on the top floor. L'Etoile I know that French food In Brazil seems out of place, but I assure you they fit quiet well. I was on holiday during a birthday and they made arrangements that will not be forgotten, the food was also just perfect. I would stay again at the hotel. I’m certain I will return to L'Etoile.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jojocomo
Daniele Resende, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the preference and we are glad to be part of your special day!

We are vary happy to know that we exceeded your expectations, that you had a wonderful dinner at L'Etoile and that everything were perfect!

Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience!

Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator

Reviewed 1 January 2021

We had come all the way to Rio from France with the hope of spending a memorable New Year’s Eve and here I am, at 11 pm, writing about my disappointment in my room, in front of my laptop.

When we checked in on 29 December, we were advised by the reception staff that there were three parties available for NYE : in the Bene restaurant, in the L’Etoile restaurant, and in the Carioca room. We booked two tickets for the later, and were told to come back in the morning to process the payment. When we came back the day after to process the payment, we were told it was fully booked, with no table available.

Instead, we were advised to go to the buffet in the Casarao restaurant, which we did. There we found people dressed in shorts and t-shirt, and dinner was over by 9 pm. We were told that no other options were available.

I understand there were very dire restrictions about Covid-19. I understand it was difficult to hold a proper party in these circumstances. But I fail to understand how and why a hotel like yours could not provide a way to its customers to celebrate the New Year. I cannot help but think that the reason why we were denied access to the party was because we couldn’t speak Portuguese.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank fgemenne
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2021

Dear Mr. Gemenne.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the St. Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort and providing your honest feedback on TripAdvisor.

At Sheraton we always do our best to try to accommodate all of our guests' requests including last minute demands.

We verified that we got access to the party in the restaurant L'Etoile, one of the most disputed in our hotel.

If there is anything else that I can do to assist please do not hesitate to let me know.

Anderson Azevedo