13 people are viewing this hotel
Reviews (2 301)
2 301 results
1 258
1 258
All reviews private beach leblon beach tennis courts bene restaurant the club lounge pool area free shuttle large pool shuttle service ocean front top floor concierge desk late check cachaca niemeyer rio favela
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 2 301 reviews
Reviewed 18 February 2021 via mobile

It is a beautiful hotel with a great private beach and an awesome breakfast. Most importantly when my husband tested positive for covid Livia and Priscilla handled everything including a Dr visit, lab work and medicine delivery right to the resort! They navigated the language barrier for us throughout our visit as well. And after being required to Quarintine for 10 days, the manager, Anderson, gave us a reduced room rate and 20% off our food plus calling several times to see if we needed anything. Definitely a place that deserves high marks for the staff!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tobyh164
Daniele Resende, Sales at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

Dear Toby,

We would like to thank you for the preference and we are very happy to have you here at the Sheraton Grand Rio!
We are glad to know that we exceeded your expectations and to know that you husband its recoverd.

Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience and we will thank Livia, Priscilla and Anderson for providing it for you and your family.

Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator.

Reviewed 16 February 2021

The Hotel and staff were really welcoming and warm, we get right at home. Completely satisfied with the hospitality. More so my review is for the restaurant located on the top floor. L'Etoile I know that French food In Brazil seems out of place, but I assure you they fit quiet well. I was on holiday during a birthday and they made arrangements that will not be forgotten, the food was also just perfect. I would stay again at the hotel. I’m certain I will return to L'Etoile.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Jojocomo
Daniele Resende, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2021

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for the preference and we are glad to be part of your special day!

We are vary happy to know that we exceeded your expectations, that you had a wonderful dinner at L'Etoile and that everything were perfect!

Here at our hotel we do our best to insure you have a great experience!

Hope to welcome you once again in our hotel soon.

Kind regards,
Daniele Resende
Groups and Events Coordinator

Reviewed 1 January 2021

We had come all the way to Rio from France with the hope of spending a memorable New Year’s Eve and here I am, at 11 pm, writing about my disappointment in my room, in front of my laptop.

When we checked in on 29 December, we were advised by the reception staff that there were three parties available for NYE : in the Bene restaurant, in the L’Etoile restaurant, and in the Carioca room. We booked two tickets for the later, and were told to come back in the morning to process the payment. When we came back the day after to process the payment, we were told it was fully booked, with no table available.

Instead, we were advised to go to the buffet in the Casarao restaurant, which we did. There we found people dressed in shorts and t-shirt, and dinner was over by 9 pm. We were told that no other options were available.

I understand there were very dire restrictions about Covid-19. I understand it was difficult to hold a proper party in these circumstances. But I fail to understand how and why a hotel like yours could not provide a way to its customers to celebrate the New Year. I cannot help but think that the reason why we were denied access to the party was because we couldn’t speak Portuguese.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank fgemenne
Anderson Azevedo, Other at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2021

Dear Mr. Gemenne.

Thank you for choosing to stay at the St. Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort and providing your honest feedback on TripAdvisor.

At Sheraton we always do our best to try to accommodate all of our guests' requests including last minute demands.

We verified that we got access to the party in the restaurant L'Etoile, one of the most disputed in our hotel.

If there is anything else that I can do to assist please do not hesitate to let me know.

Anderson Azevedo
Hotel Manager on Duty

Reviewed 7 December 2020

I didn’t like my stay because members of the nearby favela played drums and loud music on the beach in front my hotel room all night for two days in a row and I couldn’t sleep and the hotel didn’t call the police to stop the noise or offered any compensation . Be careful when booking a room facing the sea, as there is a crowd coming from the favela to the beach making a lot of noise.

Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank desirre
Leandro Seabra, Guest Services / Front Office at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2020

Dear Mrs. Desirre,

First of all, we would like to thank you for choosing Sheraton Grand Rio! It was a pleasure to have you and your family here with us.

Our apologies regarding noise issues. Unfortunately, we do not have any control with people outside the hotel, however our security staff spoke with them to adjust noise.
Also, our property is in contact all public authorities trying to avoid this, but sometimes only works efficiently when happens.
From our side, all actions will be made to improve our services and turn memorable stays in our Resort.

We do apologize for all inconvenience, Mrs. Desirre.

Hope see you next time you visit our beautiful city.

Warm regards,

Leandro Seabra
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 27 November 2020

After 6 nights at the Hilton Copacobana (HH Diamond Member) with some disappointing moments, I checked the Sheraton Leblon Rio de Janeiro for another 4 nights (Marriott Bonvoy Gold Member).

Check-in was very efficient, smooth and quickly done by the very friendly check-in agent.
My request for an ocean view room (Club Level) via e-mail before was fullfilled.

This hotel is situated in Leblon with its own private beach (10min walk to Ipanema Beach). This is a "Resort Hotel"..what means that they charge you 16 USDollars (or in my case 10 US Dollars) in addition to your room rate ( including 2 welcome drinks, bike rental for 2hours, pool and spa access etc.).
In my opinion this not up to date anymore..charging hotel guests extra for using the hotel pool is ridiculous...

What I like about this hotel most, is the recognition for status members.
While other hotel brands like HILTON closed their executive lounges nearly worldwide in this pandemic times, Sheraton are closing their lounges as well, BUT they still offer the so called "Happy Hour" (social evening from 6-8pm) either in their Lobby Lounge (weekends) or the outdoor pool restaurant (weekdays) with cold and hot snacks and unlimited free drinks.

They also offer still unlimited open breakfast buffet like in pre-pandemic times
(HILTON not -only very limited-) with regular cold and hot items buffet style.
You just need to put on freely offered thin gloves to enjoy the buffet.

Staff was extremely friendly..everybody was very helpfull. Especially the (female) concierge was very helpful by helping me to book a regional flight with Latam Airlines).

This hotel was undergoing a huge renovation several years ago, so you can expect nicely updated rooms and a very modern and welcoming lobby area.
Nice to have: Typical Sheraton style they offer an open business area with two computers and one printer at the lobby area free of charge.

Pool area (1 main pool and 2 other small pools including kids pool) with lots of sun loungers and fully stocked pool bar.
Security is watching the private beach area all the time - beach service including chairs and umbrellars also free of charge).

As the regular Sheraton currency exchange office in the Lobby area is closed due to the pandemic regulations, they still have an ATM machine.

Overall I can really recommend this hotel in this pandemic times as they offer nearly the same service like before.
During my 3 weeks stay in Rio de Janeiro this was truly my special "highlight stay".

WELL DONE Sheraton !!

Room tip: Pool side rooms for better Ipanema views
Date of stay: November 2020