13 people are viewing this hotel
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
Sheraton.com
Reviews (2 285)
2 285 results
1 248
1 248
All reviews private beach leblon beach tennis courts bene restaurant the club lounge pool area free shuttle large pool shuttle service ocean front top floor concierge desk late check cachaca niemeyer rio favela
Selected filters
22 - 27 of 2 285 reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2020

We enjoyed our stay at the Sheraton.
Friendly staff.
Very nice,spacious,clean room, super comfortable bed.
Gorgeous view of the beach and Ipanema
Excellent amenities, heated pool.
Excellent welcome at the Gym/ spa reception.
Very good service throughout the hotel.
Only let down was the breakfast room : just a big room,very school cafeteria like.
The worst bit was the smell from the omelette section. Even our hair stank of fried food. We needed to shower again and change clothes after breakfast .
Breakfast itself was a hit and miss. Not the lavish experience I have enjoyed at other Sheraton hotels .
Having said that, I would come again .

Room tip: Book the superior ocean view rooms
Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank patriciatapa
Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

I get it, it’s Carnival week.. the city is loud, and it’s a big party.
However, the Sheraton needs to disclose that fact there is a NIGHTCLUB next door in this ‘quite side of Rio’ The club has ZERO respect for anyone.
It’s so loud, the hotel vibrates.
After a long flight the first night, we changed rooms just for the night and was ensured this was ONLY the Fat Tuesday celebration.
That was a LIE.
This club went on every single night.
We complained again on Friday afternoon, asking the reception to switch us to the other side of the building. The receptionist ensured us the ‘club was closed u til March 5’, but also stated that if there was an issue arise, he’d move us. Since I’ve already unpacked, and my son was sick.. we took the bait. We were vulnerable...
Well it was not closed.. It was wide open for business from 1am until (I kid you not..) 6:45am.
My husband went down stairs sometime in the middle of the night to change rooms, and there was ‘nothing available’ (which I can imagine nothing available in our room type)

So at this point, I’ll say the hotel is nice. The beach is nice. The wait staff, and kids club staff is nice. The pool was warm, and they give away warm towels for a night swim
I think for a Sheraton it brings in a louder crowd than we are used to. I understand the hotel can not help there is a night club next door. But this should be disclosed especially with families and ESPECIALLY when we’ve been ‘upgraded’ to the club side (nice view)
I’ll tell you what is most upsetting....the lies from reception and the gentleman telling us he’ll move us at midnight rather then 1 pm
.. and then this not even being possible.
We haven’t slept in 4 days. My son was sick last night..
As a loyal Marriott member, I’m very very disappointed..

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sfriesen
YaraSuzart, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2020

Dear sfriesen,

On behalf of Sheraton Grand Rio I would like to thank you or your loyalty to Bonvoy as an Elite member and for your feedback from your stay with us.

We will keep in touch to find a solution.

I stay at your entire disposal.

My best regards,

Yara Suzart
Guest Relations

Reviewed 29 February 2020 via mobile

Currently sitting awake again at 5am listening to the pounding base drum of the open air techno nightclub right next door to the hotel. The noise starts at 10pm and is relentless. How this was allowed to happen is astounding.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ian A
Departure12044615650, Manager at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2020

Dear Mr. Ian,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us, as we strive to improve with each and every stay.

On behalf of Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, please kindly accept my sincerest apologies for not providing you with the highest standard of hospitality on your recent visit.

I would be happy to discuss your experience with you in more detail. Kindly contact me directly at anderson.azevedo@sheraton.com so that we may arrange a time to speak.

I look forward to connecting with you.

Anderson Azevedo
Hotel Manager on Duty

Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

Great hotel with a fantastic location. They have a great staff from the front desk to the restaurants and housekeepers. The view of Lablon and Ipanema are fantastic. Very good restaurants and great tipycal food served there.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank CBernardesTennis2018
Reviewed 24 February 2020

The whole staff was great however, I can't say enough about the hospitality that Ramon from breakfast and the pool restaurant provided us during our stay.  My wife and I have been to many countries and stayed at many resorts, and we've never experienced a staff member willing to go out of their way to help us as much at Ramon did.  We had many requests and he went far beyond his job description to accommodate our needs.  When we come back to Rio we are staying at the Sheraton as long as Ramon is there.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank 241Cody
Departure12044615650, Manager at Sheraton Grand Rio Hotel & Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2020

Dear Cody,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review.

I am delighted to hear that above all it was the service you received that was most remarkable.

Your comments to our staff in special for Ramon are greatly appreciated and I am beyond thrilled to know you felt the level of service at our property truly elevated your trip experience.

We very much look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back at the Sheraton Grand Rio.

Anderson Azevedo